1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pvr/dvd/freeview - All In One?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Rupertlvp, Aug 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Rupertlvp

Rupertlvp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. I'm not really into lots of gadgets and I prefer my AV kit to be simple and fast, so is there available on the market a Freeview STB, a PVR with twin tuner AND a multi-region DVD player/recorder which is, wait for it... ALL IN ONE? Ideally I'd like to hook it up to some decent speakers and my Sony TV and control it all from ONE remote control AND play CDs and listen to the radio without having to turn the TV on! Neat and simple, right? Or am I just living in cloud cuckoo land to think that a manufacturer would have the foresight to design something like this?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,907
    No such thing (yet?).

Freeview Twin tuner, HDD, no DVD - yes.
    Freeview Single Tuner, with HDD and DVD - yes (not multiregion out of the box, but probably moddable). Just the one.....Panasonic.

3. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    And Sony should have one out in Sept.

4. putbinoot

putbinoot
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Can i just add i want the above also as long as it has an RJ45 socket for networking.