PVR and Plasma TV

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by wannaplasma, Dec 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. wannaplasma

wannaplasma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have just bought the TVONICS PVR from Tesco after reading the write up that it got in What Hi Fi but have now discovered that the Humax 9200 will record 2 channels at the same time which the Tvonics will not.
    However, I have read that the red button Interactive icons on the Humax cannot be "hidden". I am paranoid about screen burn on my Pioneer and wonder if I am barking up the wrong tree with my comment about the Humax.
    I haven't yet got the Tvonics out of the box and it will stay there until I am assured that I can get rid of these dreadful interactive buttons. I wonder if they can be made to disappear with the "help" of the GREEN button just as the interactive "red" button can on BBC. If they can be got rid of on the Humax I will go for that rather than the Tvonics as it's only about £20 more.

Can anyone help?
    Cheers
    Alec

2. Bearded_Malc

Bearded_Malc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    FYI on the toppy, via a tap or via the system menu, you can disable MHEG. That gets rid of a lot of the press the red button stuff on digital. The exception is when the crap is part of the TV picture when there is nothing that can be done about it.

Note they could put the stupid logos (DOGs) all as MHEG on digital and give viewers the option of having them or not. That would satisfy those people the broadcasters claim exist who want DOGs and those of us who don't. The people who want DOGs must be the same ones who'd like to see "Printed by Pictures'r'us stamped in the corner of their holiday snaps doubtless :rolleyes:

3. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    The red icon in the top right hand side of the screen can be hidden on the Humax if you press the 'green' button.
    I have a Pioneer 42" plasma aswell and have had screen burn, but after three weeks it has disappeared.
    I am disappointed with my first plasma due to this issue with screen burn: I'm always adjusting the screen (especially when watching SKY) to stop icons burning into the screen: Especially a problem with British Eurosport.
    It's a right pain.

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    One of the reasons I purchased LCD instead of Plasma. The other reason was that they use four times the amount of power as a crt screen.

5. wannaplasma

wannaplasma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for the replies - looks as if it's worth getting the Humax instead for the benefit of being able to record 2 channels for an extra £20.

Alec