• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PVR and DVD player. Possible?

froggy27

Standard Member
not sure where to start looking so hoping for advice and pointers.
My DVD recorder is on the blink. I'd liked to get a PVR but would also liked to be able to view my DVDs ... I've got TV with built-in Freeview..
Does that exist? where shall i look? any advice on what to buy? or are they really expensive?
Thanks a lot.

Gavtech

Administrator
not sure where to start looking so hoping for advice and pointers.
My DVD recorder is on the blink. I'd liked to get a PVR but would also liked to be able to view my DVDs ... I've got TV with built-in Freeview..
Does that exist? where shall i look? any advice on what to buy? or are they really expensive?
Thanks a lot.

A PVR which has DVD facilities IS a DVD Recorder.... so if you require DVD facilities it will be another DVDR you will have to go for.

An ideal option is to have both types of device PVR and DVDR... but of course there is a financial penalty.

If you go for the DVDR option it is only worth sticking to the quality brands.
Prices are in the region of £200 to £300.

For ease of use consider the Panasonic EX768 or EX769.

froggy27

Standard Member
thanks for that Gavtech... told you i wasn't sure what i was talking about;)... Ok so i could record on hard disk but be able to view DVDs with the same box..or chose to record on DVD .
thanks i will have a look at the one you mentioned..

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom