1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVR-9200T standby display

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by spl23, Oct 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    One thing that does bug me about the 9200T, like the 8000T before, is how bright the display is when in standby. I use the PVR in my bedroom, and the displays on both boxes when they are showing the clock are almost bright enough to read by! As a result, my 9200T (like the 8000T) has just had a large patch of black tape applied over the display, rendering the display invisible and making the front panel look a mess, but at least allowing me to get some sleep.

I've emailed Humax to ask if they could make the clock display in standby an option in one of the setup menus, as it was on my old Panasonic VCR - would anyone else find this useful?

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Why so drastic an action. Surely a black sock just draped over the clock display would suffice or even placing a piece of cardboard up against it.

Try some Quality Street cellophane sweet wrappers (various colours) for reducing the brightness.

3. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Have you tried that? The display on this thing is *bright*! I find it very difficult to sleep in anything other than total darkness - enough light will get around the sides of a sock or piece of cardboard to be annoying. The tape actually looks neater, and you don't really need to be able to see the display when it is switched on - I'd just like the option to turn it off tidily in a menu.

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Yes - I do have this 9200T and it is upstairs and the clock display doesn't bother me. I turn off at the mains when not using it. Same as I do with all my electronic equipment.

5. merlynn

merlynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not get a strip of dark coloured perspex and stick it over the display with double sided tape

6. rich_jtg

rich_jtg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    We have some wide, very dark red coloured tape at work, which is used to prevent UV light reaching printing plates *yawn*.

I haven't got a clue what it's called, but I use it on my clock radio display, and it works a treat - kind of reduces the brightness by 70%.