1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVR 350 remote

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by rayboy, Jul 28, 2005.

1. rayboy

rayboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I am stuck on something and would appreciate some help. I have a PVR-350 card which am hoping to put into a new pc. However I seem to have the wrong IR receiver for the remote as the plug doesn't fit the back of the card.

I have a IR receiver with a what looks like a mono 3.5mm headphone jack, but the socket on the card is a smaller one, so the receiver don't fit. Have I got the wrong receiver? I can't remember what it looks like. The one I have is about 19mm x 55mm x 13mm (about size of my thumb), cuboid shaped with a small clear led thing at the top end.

I may have the receiver mixed up with somethng else?? Or is there an adaptor that I have lost?

Will appreciate any pvr 350 owners out there who can put me right.

Thanks

Ray

2. rayboy

rayboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, I wonder why no one's replied, but anyway I found the answer to my own question. I do have the wrong device. I don't know what that thing is that I have, but it isn't the PVR350's IR receiver.

I found a picture of the pvr350 package including the ir receiver, and it's a small round button thing at the end of the wire, not cuboid shaped. So time to turn the house upside down again...

This is where I saw it if anyway's interested:

http://www.byopvr.com/Sections+index-req-viewarticle-artid-2.html

Ray