1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVP Units - I'm tempted now! Are you? (Not sure if this is the right forum)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by SeaneyC, Aug 30, 2005.

1. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi Guys (and gals if you're out there!)

Finally been swayed by the current offerings due to hit us soon in the PVP market - wasn't actually sure which forum to put it into, but i figure as they're hard drive devices that play MP3 and video they're more iPod than DVD portable......

Anyway, i'm off to Vegas in 9 days, and think i might be able to pick up a Creative Zen Vision for the seemingly paltry sum of $400, for those of you not in the know, it has an awesome 640x480 3.7" screen, OK battery life (double size available AND user changable, HELLO MR JOBS) a handy CF slot for my camera memory cards, plays films, mp3s and makes a nice photo viewing device too. Shame it only has a 30Gb HD, but i'll live. The only other device i'm interested in is the Cowon A2, which isn't out yet, which is a shame as i was kinda hoping to see the 2 side by side. Having seen the screen on the Epson P2000, which is nothing short of spectacular, i'm hoping that the Zen Vision will be a similar experience.

But i was really wondering - Why have these devices not really taken off. Is there just not a market for something this size? Or are people just blinded by the marketing iMachine? (see, I can put an i in front of something and make it trendy too!) Personally speaking, i HATE my 60Gb iPod, and hope to be getting rid of it as soon as possible if this Zen Vision works out for me! Any input appreciated, i'm just really curious as to your opinions!

2. dups45

dups45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you work for creative?

3. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    No, i just don't understand why people hold the small white and silver box in such high regard when it's rubbish!

4. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It hasnt taken off because everyone has their films on dvd and doesnt want to rip em/dont know how to.. Also, people dont know these devices exist..

640*480 screen resolution? thats not even widescreen..

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Regarding PVPs, I'm inclined to share Pecker's view, below ...