pvc screens and heat?

slaughteredlamb

Novice Member
Reaction score
so ive got a pvc screen and no matter how tight i pin it to my wall i get waves. is this due to the heat or is there something wrong with the way im hanging it?

Probably the way you are hanging it. I use front projection material for presentations and I stretch it around a wooden frame, using a little heat to get it really tight. I staple it tightly every 4"-6" and once I am happy with the tension, I then put in more staples until they are about 1/4" apart. I've done screens up to about 14' like this without issue.

Stretch the top edge first, keeping it reasonably tight along the length, but stretching it evenly. Then, repeat on the bottom edge, ensuring any creases are vertical and quite wide. You can then gently stretch the sides until these disappear.

Does the material have any stretch to it? If not, that’s your issue.

Probably the way you are hanging it. I use front projection material for presentations and I stretch it around a wooden frame, using a little heat to get it really tight. I staple it tightly every 4"-6" and once I am happy with the tension, I then put in more staples until they are about 1/4" apart. I've done screens up to about 14' like this without issue.

Stretch the top edge first, keeping it reasonably tight along the length, but stretching it evenly. Then, repeat on the bottom edge, ensuring any creases are vertical and quite wide. You can then gently stretch the sides until these disappear.

yes brilliant thank you followed your advice of stretching and then putting more pins in spaced more closely and ive only done 2 sides so far and nearly all the waves have gone

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom