1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500CAB Late delivery.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Rapid 17, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I ordered a PV500CAB last Sunday morning (5th June) online from Dixons and it was supposed to be delivered on Monday 13th June. About an hour ago they telephoned me to say that they can't deliver until Thursday 16th June. This is the same company that couldn't be bothered to reply to two telephone
    calls and two e mails from me earlier this week to confirm they would take my old tv away when they install the plasma. Could some kind person on the forum please give me instructions on how to tell whether the pv500 has been used previously ie the number of hours that it's been switched on ? as i don't want to be palmed off with one that's been used as a display model in one of their stores bearing in mind that pv500's appear to be in short supply. Many thanks, Geoff.

2. the highlander

the highlander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    if the seal on the box is open or tampered with do not accept it :thumbsdow

3. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Thanks for the reply highlander. I would still like to know how to find out the number of hours useage though just in case. Anybody ? please.

4. des_pd_ tdi

des_pd_ tdi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was quite surprised when I first switched mine on it will ask you to put in your personal details, name, address, post code and personal pin code. If it doesn't then refuse it.

Des

5. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,583
    I had this on my other panasonics - a good feature.

Does anyone know how to get in to the service menu?

6. mlilliman

mlilliman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Geoff. I ordered my 42PV500 with cabinet from Dixons on Monday (6th June) and was lucky enough to receive it yesterday. However, I did contact them everyday and asked the delivery team if they were able to bring the date forward (originally it was scheduled for next Tuesday).

When you're spending that amount of money you want everything to go smoothly, and it does wrangle if there are hitches. Hope you get your Panasonic soon, mate, it really is a fantastic tv.

7. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Thanks for the replies guys. Mlilliman, yes i agree with you. With the amount of money involved excellent service is what's expected. Unfortunately it would appear that once Dixons have received payment for the goods, they're not interested in answering telephone calls and e mails. The only phone call received was the bad news one regarding the change to the delivery date. If they mess me around again, i may cancel the order. Did yours arrive in two large sealed boxes ? and did they do the installation ? Dixons could learn a lot from some other companies. I have a pair of seven year old Castle Avon floor standing loudspeakers and i wanted to know whether they are shielded. I e mailed Castle loudspeakers with my query and received a reply 24 hours later.
    Best wishes, Geoff.

8. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Here's an update on my problems with Dixons. I received an e mail from them a short time ago as follows,

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email dated 9/6/05

Unfortunately removal of old televisions is not a service currently offered by
    Dixons. If you old TV is not required you will have to dispose of it.

Kind regards

Jay
    Dixons Online Aftersales Team

I replied as follows,

Dear jay, if you look on your own website under delivery and installation it says, and i quote " In most cases your old product taken away for you" This facility was the only reason i placed an order with you. Delivery was arranged for Monday 13th June. However, someone from your company telephoned me yesterday to say my new plasma couldn't be delivered on the 13th. It will now be delivered on Thursday 16th June. I told the person who rang me that i wanted my old tv removed and he said it wouldn't be a problem. Quite frankly, your customer service leaves a lot to be desired. If you are unable to take away my old tv, then i wish to cancel my order. RSVP.

This firm Dixons are the pits. Geoff.

9. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Another update. Further to my latest e mail to Dixons, i also telephoned one of their contact numbers. I spoke to a very pleasant lady, explained the whole situation and said that unless my old tv was taken away i would have to cancel my order. She said she would look into the matter and call me back. A short time later she did call me back and said she had been told that they wouldn't remove my old tv. I cancelled the order. The latest lady i spoke to was a great help it's just a pity that rest of the organisation isn't. I certainly won't be buying anything from Dixons again. Oh and one other thing, she warned me it may take up to seven days for my refund to be put back into my bank account; funny that as it only took one day for them to remove it. :mad: