Pv500?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by sexymuffin, Sep 20, 2005.

1. sexymuffin

sexymuffin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello people,

this is my 1st post! yipee!

Im just about to take the plunge and get a 42 inch PV500

However one of the features of this TV is that it has built in freeview- I dont need this as I have SKY + - I have an integrated sony CRT at the moment and have never used the freeview option- so can anyone recomend a 42 inch plasma with cabinet with no freeview with good reviews with HD capabilities.

Or should I just get the PV500- it is a good looking TV.

Im going to get it from these http://www.j-excel.com/ -£2400 with cabinet site looks nice-and have some good reviews from pricerunner and offer a 2 year guarantee at the moment- plus its in stock- or I am tempted to try and get a price match from JL- for same price with 5 yr guarantee- but for that I need to wait a month plus it will be big hastle- Im like a child when it comes to these things and I cant wait! so speedier the better- j-excel me thinks

anyone had any dealings with j-excel?

2. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    on the website you just mentioned they have the euro version which has freeview missing price is £2049.

Or try totaldigital.biz they have the euro model for £1949 but add money for stand

3. sexymuffin

sexymuffin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that- Im now thinking that freeview would be handy- am I right in thinking you can have 2 channels on the screen at once- so i presume when the world cup is on- I could watch 2 games at once for example- using the freeview and sky at the same time? or am i completely wrong?

4. NWhiteley

NWhiteley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    in theory, yes. it all depends on which channels the football will be broadcast on. Freeveiw has a very limited choice

5. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Welcome to the forum!

With the PV500 you can watch 2 games at once, one from Sky, one from Freeview.

Equally you say "I have Sky+ so I don't need Freeview"! Never needed to do the multiple games thing myself but I think it is possible using the red button on Sky.

I have never heard of j-excel and am not knocking them but you might be better looking at the forum sponsors / advertisers, they pay for this forum and are in the firing line if there is a problem (which there won't be!).

6. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    better just to pay that little bit extra for the UK Pv500 with freeview. I never thought of that use, will come in really handy for the world cup in the summer next year. It will be BBC and ITV showing games, dont know if games will be on at the same time though. Dont think there will be games on Sky sports at all.

Now if only Scotland would make it to the world cup!!!

7. sexymuffin

sexymuffin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there was a few games on the same time world cup 2002 I can remember the hastle i went to to watch them both- bringing portable downstairs! Im thinking I want the UK model now- where is it in stock tho!!!

8. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    ah!! thats the problem, ive been waiting for about a month but you might just be timing it right, cause stock is due to be coming into the uk at the end of the month