PV500 - stick with the ES10 or get a Samsung HD850?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Branko, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Branko

Branko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well the 37PV500 arrived on Friday and having spent a while reading the various postings I think I have the connections right!

PV500
    Sky+ (connects to the ES10 and then the ES10 to the TV)
    DMRES10 (digital sound connection to the Pioneer)
    Pioneer DCS424 cinema (and DVD)

So far very happy indeed - a great looking plasma TV. I have taken it off dynamic picture mode and reduced the brightness etc to 50% and the fan I know should quieten down.

So the question!

Playback via DMRES10 which is connected via component to the plasma (what a slow process clicking through using the TV/AV and then the yellow button!) is very good and I am wondering whether it could be MUCH better? I think using progressive scan it is interlaced at 576 (is that right?) - would I get a better picture with, say, an HD850 connected via the HDMI socked using my current DVDs?

I would be very interested to hear peoples' views. Also does the Sky+ picture get better if I connect it directly to AV1 on the TV using the RGB out scart on the Sky box as I will rarely tape off Sky (using the internal hard drive if I do)?

Many thanks.

2. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Buy one and let me know as I'm thinking along the same lines :D
    Regards RBG loop through i dont notice any degredation however best thing to do is plug in the Sky box directly and see if you notice any difference.

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    I'd be surprised if it was much better, and even more surprised if the improvement was worth the money vs what you have now. Nothing wrong with a decent component deck...PJ :)