1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 Remote not responsive?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by CopperCircle, Jul 31, 2005.

1. CopperCircle

CopperCircle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have just got my TH-37PV500B and im very happy with it, apart from the remote which only seems to work when I point it directly at the sensor on the front of the set. I have tried different batteries but it's the same.
    Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Not had this problem with my Viera pe30, but make sure that the batteries are in nice and tight. Also I belive the remote has a switch which will make it control a dvd player or VCR. make sure the remote is switched to the TV position. Other than that most remotes do have to be pointing in the direction that the TV/DVD player is to work although they will normally work if pointed at an angle to the device that you are trying to work.

Dave.

3. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Hi - I noticed this too. You only have to point it slightly away from the set for the remote not to work.

Its down to the remote Infra-Red transmitter imho, as I've tried it with the Harmony 885 (programmable Remote), and it makes the tv work even when pointing at the ceiling (don't ask!).

4. Kaminsky

Kaminsky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, me too..no big deal.