1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 record out abilities due to only one RGB feed from Skybox

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pwood, Jul 19, 2005.

1. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Is it possible for the Panny PV500 to be set so that the DVD recorder can record directly from the scart socket( sky is plugged into) on the Pv500 whilst viewing another program say on freeview or a dvdv from another player. Sorry if thats as clear as mud but hopefully it makes some sense. :rolleyes:

Reason for question is my SKY box is a Sony VTX-S760U. Which would appear to only output RGB from scart 1 ( TV) and Composite from scart 2 (VCR). Hence I'm looping SKY box through ES10. This looks fine on current 28" Philips but The reason this is annoying me is that I'm due to get a Panasonic 42" plasma next week and want the best possible picture output and the ability to record it as well. I'm concerned that looping Sky box through Es10 will degrade the picture slightly.

Would a high quality RGB splitter be better or just degrade PQ?

I dont see the point in forking out for SKY+ when I'm likely to be buying the HD version next year. Sky have enough of my dosh already.

Thanks in advance for all your wisdom :smashin:

2. oh aye

oh aye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same sony sky box and connect it to my panasonic TH37PV500 by RGB scart to av1. I also connect my panasonic dmres10 dvd recorder to av4 to use the Q link function, and connect the sky box to the dvd recorder using a fully wired scart. When i connected the sky box through the dvd recorder the picture was awful. I know the sky box doesn't output RGB through its video scart but the picture recorded on the dvd recorder was very good.

3. oh aye

oh aye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also the dvd recorder will connect with the plasma to record freeview if you use the Q link. it will switch on the dvd recorder and switch off again after recording although the plasma needs to be switched on or in standby mode. I use the direct link to record off of sky its really easy, you set auto view on in the personal planner and direct link on on the dvd recorder and regardless of whether the sky box is on or switched off it will record. piece of cake