1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 question (price n budget related)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by robo989, Aug 4, 2005.

1. robo989

robo989
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :confused: Hey thanks for having a look at another boring pv500 thread, well I'm definately buying one, went into curries today and had a look just to make sure its got all the connections...

They do it for £2499 and £2899 with the cabinet, £400 for the cabinet!!!! OMG someone should have their testicles put in a vice for charging that much for a STAND...

but hey it does look good and I was gonna buy it and be done until I found out the cabinet was seperate and the above price...

I see the PW7 is going for £1k at RS, just how much better is the PV500 compared to the PW7 other than the fact its HD capable?

I'm gonna use the screen for

1.DVDs
    2.Console gaming
    3.Sky digital
    4.PC via DVI - is this possible does it take DVI? is there a convertor for whatever it needs if there isnt?

I clicked an ad on this site "BuyYourAV" and they do it for £2439 with the cabinet, is that a good deal, I can't be bothered with any price matching with john lewis rubbish, but I am after a dvd recorder, so maybe a bundle would be good with one...

Also before I end this most boring post, I do technically have up to £3500 to spend, and a 50 inch screen does sound tempting, can you get a good 50 inch screen for that price that supports HDtv when its released and has as good a pic as the pv500...

Please help me, I really really need to order something as soon as possible...If I sit on this money any longer I swaer I'm gonna kill myself...

I'm pretty interested as to what people think about getting a 50 inch screen over a 42inch, are there people here who've considered a 50 but then got a 42 and regretted it? I want this little bugger to last me at least 5 years so and would like it to feel good for that long.

I only got a 32inch CRT a couple years ago, a rubbish one for £350 and thought that was big, it soon felt pants...

so anyway, any feedback\help\clip round the ear is greatfully appreciated,

Rob :thumbsup:

2. robo989

robo989
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :(

Please please help me I am a poor orphan and live in a plant pot (I stumbled across the funds while out selling oranges)

:lease: