PV500 Plasma PC Card - What can I use it for?

L

lcarus

Afternoon all - recieved my PV500 2 days ago - delighted with it. (Yes, I've noticed a slight buzz but it's not a show stopper :) )

I was wondering if anyone out there had tried using the PC card port, and if so what sort of PC cards are compatible?

I'm just trying to work out if I can get even more connectivity out of my PV500.

Thanks in advance

Lee

They're used mainly to view photos in high def.
Most cards are compatibe (see list in maunal) via the right PCMCIA adaptor.
I use one for my compact Flash card and photos look STUNNING!
(Who needs prints/enalrgements when you've got large screen stills qulaity like this!)

You can view (and record from the TV) mpeg 4 videos on the SD card but I couldn't do the same on the PC/CF card.

Thanks for that Kevo. Do you know if there's a USB PC card adapter? I'd love to be able to store my photos on my PSP and display them on the PV500.

lcarus said:
Thanks for that Kevo. Do you know if there's a USB PC card adapter? I'd love to be able to store my photos on my PSP and display them on the PV500.

Funny you should say that, I was looking into something similar the other day (USB pen drives)
You can buy PCMCIA >USB adaptors which are simply then usb hubs but not sure if it'd work on the PV500 as it states in the manual that 'mobile devices' won't work. But the manual isn't very clear when it mentions PC cards as it seems to favour SD cards more!

This is what I like about the Xbox 360. You can plug PSPs and most usb drives (incl pen drives) as well as CDs in teh drive and view the pics in high def :smashin:
I'm pretty sure USBs/ethernet sockets will be common place on TVs soon like they are on a lot of STBs.

Kevo said:
This is what I like about the Xbox 360. You can plug PSPs and most usb drives (incl pen drives) as well as CDs in teh drive and view the pics in high def :smashin:

:) I'm trying to avoid buying a 360 at the moment but I may be forced to - waiting for PS3 (and it'd be rude to buy a 360 as I work for Sony ;) )

A mate is bringing his 360 around tonight tho, maybe that'll sway me - thanks again.

Lee

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom