PV500....More Delays Ahead

B

blackeyepurple

Just got off the phone to Empire Direct and have been advised that Panasonic have again put back their eta on these sets for another couple of weeks! I have had a 37" model on order with them since the 11th of this month but really dont want another model. Is there something we all dont know thats holding up the delivery?

Im not suprised you have to wait a few weeks as, Panasonic have yet to fulfill the orders for August, I should know I ordered mine end of August. I have been told by JL its definitely here end of next week, but Ill believe it when I see it, as long as I have it by the 5th then Ill be happy as thats when I get back from offshore (The Wife is banned from touching the box :nono: until Im back!! Its my baby, Im very protective as you can imagine :rolleyes: )

I'm currently watching a grainy 21" Sony CRT and its starting to annoy me. I've even started looking at the Hitach 42PD7500 as its not too far of the Panny on price.....its made inthe UK though......never a good thing in my experiance. Spec on the Hitachi looks pretty good though......I cant wait for this bloody thing forever! :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Here's the reply I've had from Panasonic about the delays...

"Thank you for your email.

In reply, the TH42PV500 Plasma flat screen that has HDMI function was introduced late May this year. We are sorry to confirm it is temporarily out of stock due to high demand. It is due back later in the year; I regret we do not at present have a definite date.

I am sorry that I cannot fully accommodate you in your enquiry but trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 08705 357357 or [email protected] and we will
endeavour to assist.

Customer Support"

Great......so basically some time before christmas! :mad: I think something must be up if there is that sort of delay.....maybe trying to rectify some of the faults others have reported before shipping another batch? What other choices are there?

ive been told approx 4 weeks until they start to drift back into the uk. but the shortage applies to lcd and plasma panels. they just cant make em quick enough

Been waiting for mine from Empire since 18th July and repeatedly been given false arrival dates, but I think that may be Empire passing on Panasonic info. I am on the verge of dropping the PV500 order and going for Pioneer but am giving them one last chance which is apparently a definite fulfilment of UK back orders by end September. Im hoping that since mine has been on order for pushing a quarter of a year :eek: , I may qualify!

Lack of supply seems to be a problem with all new tech in the UK these days while the rest of the world (OK, America) gets new releases quicker and then gets a steady supply. Whinge, whinge...

I've been told that mine is arriving with the retailer on monday, I would have had it by now but Panasonic ballsed up the order and only sent the PE50's, so, hopefully by next wednesday I'll have a lovely 37" PV500 in my bedroom :devil:

I only ordered mine early august and its now the end of september :rolleyes:

acrmorris said:
Been waiting for mine from Empire since 18th July and repeatedly been given false arrival dates, but I think that may be Empire passing on Panasonic info. I am on the verge of dropping the PV500 order and going for Pioneer but am giving them one last chance which is apparently a definite fulfilment of UK back orders by end September. Im hoping that since mine has been on order for pushing a quarter of a year :eek: , I may qualify!

Lack of supply seems to be a problem with all new tech in the UK these days while the rest of the world (OK, America) gets new releases quicker and then gets a steady supply. Whinge, whinge...

What price did you pay back then? is it any cheaper now? might be able to get empire to drop the price to the current price if it is.

I visited one of my local Curry's branches and placed my order on the 20th September for a 37" PV500, and its due for delivery tomorrow. They were also gracious enough to pricematch their own website, a nice £450 saving.

It only seems like its the 42" thats a problem, the 37" has been in stock quite a few times in JL. I just prefer the bigger size :eek: Im seriously hoping its in the next 2 weeks :lease: , surely Panasonic cannot possibly delay anymore. Any longer and I think it will be on Watchdog soon. Me thinks they are losing alot of sales now, cause of the Pioneer coming out, but it seems like its worth the wait, the Pioneer still seems to have trouble with judder, so thats not the one for me.

tscotsman said:
It only seems like its the 42" thats a problem

Dunno about that. I've been trying to buy a 37" with pedestal stand for a couple of weeks without success. Of course I don't want to pay more than £2K which rules JL out.

I did have an order accepted by Currys website (for around £1650, which would be ideal) on Wednesday but they've since cancelled it :thumbsdow

I orderd my 42PV500 about 2-3 weeks ago in powerhouse, Im getting it next wednesday(would be sooner but they dont deliver on mon or tues). Guess im lucky only having to wait that long

tjradiohead, I paid £2006 for it which makes me all the more reluctant to cancel as the price has now gone up by over £200 :eek:

Just to let people know that JL have the 37PV500 back in stock if anyones interested, they are also meant to fulfill all current orders of 42Pv500 by the end of next week including me :clap:

Cheers for that but need the 37" with the pedestall stand and JL cost mucho £££ :rolleyes:

Aparently BuyryourAV.com are getting the ones with the ped's tomorrow (monday), at least they damn well better be, cos thats what i've ordered :thumbsup:

Theres nothing on their site because they took it off till they get the sock in, they had far too many people trying to place orders for it, I paid £1880 for the 37PV500PED and the DVD recorder they chuck in, not the cheapest i know but i had to get a place offering finance

Finally spoken with UK imports manager at Panasonic :clap: . Apparently Panasonic is receiving weekly shipments of all units, including the elusive 42PV500, but there is an 8 week backlog for retail orders to be fulfilled :suicide: . I guess that .coms such as Empire place a small amount of orders for a large amount of units to negotiate maximum discount (hence their rock bottem prices) which is why I'm still waiting 10 weeks later :rolleyes:.

Still, when I told Panasonic I would buy a Pioneer if I didn't get the order soon, they said hang on because the set is excellent. Not a biased response at all then!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Its good to hear some news, heres hoping Im in line to get one in the next week. Ive had it on order for a month and now that the 436XDE from Comet is now £2799 then thats not an option.

Which John Lewis told you that? Also waiting for mine now for about 5 weeks. Cheers.

JL Aberdeen, had it on order for about a month now.

acrmorris said:
Finally spoken with UK imports manager at Panasonic :clap: . Apparently Panasonic is receiving weekly shipments of all units, including the elusive 42PV500, but there is an 8 week backlog for retail orders to be fulfilled :suicide:

8 WEEKS?! :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom