1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 input selection on Logitech Harmony 655 remote

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by StrongSilent, Jul 4, 2005.

1. StrongSilent

StrongSilent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've been trying hard to setup my new 655 remote to control my 42PV500 but the input selection is a bit of a bugger due to the cascading-toggle nature of the buttons. For instance in A/V mode the yellow button can invoke av3/Component1/PC/HDMI etc.
    So even though the 655 has 'learned' the signal from the original remote it's still not doing a good job of cycling through the functions of the original buttons.
    Spent some time describing the problem to Harmony support over the weekend but still came up blank.

The rest of my Kit EH50, Daewoo freeview, Xbox, Satellite are all controllable no problem.

Can anyone suggest a way around this problem? :lease:

Cheers. H.

P.S. I've searched the remotes forum but there's nothing there on this.

:Edit: I just saw an earlier Pronto/PV500 related post regarding this input selection issue, although no real fix was offered.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Unless panasonic have used new codes try the command for the TH-42PE30 screens, and have a search on the issues with the Pe30 that started some time ago and i think were all fixed its due to the mix of discrete, Pseudo discrete and toggle codes being used by panny a psudeo discrete system thats tageed if possible will probably help