1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 - How reasonable is this?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Booted, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Booted

Booted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hoping for some thoughts on my 42" Panny 500 - great screen, just a shame about the scratches on the far left hand side (over the black).

The right hand side had the plastic covering but the left did not, it was scratched and there are a couple of white marks on the left. Phoned the dealer and was told no problem, continue using it and on Monday we will arrange a swap.

I call back on Monday, have none in stock but dont worry carry on using it and we'll swap it when we have some in stock......different person this time...

Call on Friday, they have one in stock but it has missed the courier.....will call you Monday.

Call 3-4 times on Monday before the manager calls me back and tells me its policy to inspect first.....ie pick it up, look at it and then send replacement....despite being told 3 times something totally different.

Same response with the boss today, apparently although they can understand my discontent I am potentially a thief or a fraudster and tough 'cos its company policy....blah blah blah... More than happy if I want to return the whole damn lot for a refund though and no they cannot arrange a courier in the evening so that I dont have to have 2 days off work (or 1 day plus saturday)....blah blah. Basically, no compromise is possible blah blah.

Bearing in mind what I was told on the day of delivery and that I got rid of the old tv I do not believe I am being unreasonable in not wanting to be without for however long it takes for this inspection!

And contrary to what I am being told, the website does not indicate that this is company policy despite being told this is the case.

I know I can get a refund, or query it with the card company but all I want is a tv that I paid for - why should I have to shoulder the risk of shipping it back, taking the risk of it being lost in transit, damaged or whatever is found back at base?

At least it isnt Tiny!!

2. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Which company did you buy it from matey ?

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +670
    Order a newone and get a refund on that one.

Once you say that on the phone they may realise that they are being unreasonable.

4. Booted

Booted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    at the moment, I would rather not say - its hard to know who is right or wrong with this one and for the moment giving the benefit of the doubt here. They have said that it is their responsibility once it is collected from me.

Besides, there is not a lot else I can do - and yes, I can get a refund if I want and they will take responsibility once it is collected.