1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 - HD Resolutions Supported

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Darkl0rd1, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Darkl0rd1

Darkl0rd1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the PV500 in Australia, and have a few questions I'm hoping you can answer for me before it's released here next month.

What resolutions does the PV500 support via HDMI? Does it sync properly to 720p@50hz and 60hz? Same goes with 1920x1080@50hz and 60hz? Will it sync to the same resolutions via component input?

Also how flexible is it in syncing to custom PC resolutions?

Have any of you had a chance to properly evaluate this panel with an HD source (720p or 1080i) is so, how is the picture quality?

I realise there are reported problems with this panel such as the dreaded contrast issue, buzzing, and occasionally a visible horizontal line, but if I can overlook these issues it's looking like a very plasma on paper!

Thanks for your help.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    HDMI and component 720p and 1080i at 50 &60Hz but limited on PC resolutions for HDMI (DVi-D) for VGA support most windows VESA and mac

3. Darkl0rd1

Darkl0rd1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks HornyDragon. So you've actually tried both 720 and 1080i at 50 and 60hz and had no problems with getting it to sync to these via HDMI?

4. foz

foz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    states clearly in the manul that these resolutions and refresh rates are supported.havnt had anything to try unfortunatly but the tv definatly suports them dont worry about that.as for the componant im preety sure it doesw both all the same res as hdmi 99.99% certain