1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pv500 hd pictures??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tim k, Jun 3, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so all of you lucky pv500 owners had the chance to connect it to a hd source?? htpc/hd1 etc etc?? I'd love to see this baby in its full glory.

can i also confirm that with the included tuner you get access to all freeview channels inc e4?

2. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the chance to see it with a D-VHS source (connected via YUV) and it blew me away. This baby has got it all... it´s absolutely unbelievable.

Tomorrow I`m going again to check it with my HTPC (HD stuff via DVI)... :clap:

3. stuartam_81

stuartam_81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    should have mine setup with HD feed ( from HTPC ) in a week

4. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    surely some of you have hdmi already setup, come on guys!!

5. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today I tested the PV500 with HD feeds from my HTPC. It was connected via HDMI at 1280x720.

I can tell you that the whole discussion about scaling is purely ridiculous, you can´t see any scaling issues at all, even on the Windows Desktop. Everything looks very crisp. Only issue so far is that using a HTPC, I was stuck with some overscan. But I guess that can be removed with the ATI drivers..

With HD feeds from the HTPC, the PV500 really beats everything I´ve ever seen... absolutely stunning.

However, I learned that my existing DVDPlayer (Sony 730P via Component) isn´t fit enough for the PV500. Connecting a Denon1910 via HDMI (it scales to 720P) makes a huuuuge difference. This way, DVDs look really really good.

I ordered my 37PV500 (plus the Denon 1910) today, hopefully it will arrive next week. :clap: :clap:

6. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,524
    I too have seen a HD source 1080i through component, very crisp, amzingly shap picture, can't wait for mine.