1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 control niggles

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Carlos13, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Carlos13

Carlos13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Love the picture on my new 42PV500, particularly Sky - its far better than I had hoped.

However I'm finding the remote control annoying, specifically switching between inputs. Can anyone help with the following:

1) How do I get it to switch on automatically to an AV input. I dont have a terrestrial aerial but it automatically switches onto digital TV, and of course there is no signal. In the setup menu there is a "Auto power on" which I have set to AV, but it doesn't make any difference (not sure what this function is for anyway).

2) I route my DVD player via HDMI - its extremely annoying to have to press AV then cycle through to the PC/HDMI/? option then cycle through to HDMI - I want one button to do this.

Is there any way you can program keys to perform specific functions?

2. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    run a scart to av2 ??? or use the yellow button on remote.

3. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just got my 37PV500, and the Auto power on works for me - always starts on SKY...

4. jbriddon

jbriddon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    goto the the menu page and then settings and then there is an option called "power on output" or something like that and change that from tv to AV and that should sort it out

5. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you got SKY on AV1? Just a thought...

6. Carlos13

Carlos13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes Sky is on AV1 and the power on setting is set to AV, but it still powers up in digital TV mode.

Will double check tonight.

7. jbriddon

jbriddon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whenever i turned on my pv500 sky came on ( when just sky was connected) but since i connected my dvd recorder , everytime i turn on the screen it brings up the tv picture and i dont have an analogue ariel either! Please help as this is very annoying. :lease:

8. leeboy22001

leeboy22001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    is it possiblly something to do with the Q-link? I have the same problem, freeview dvr on AV1 and dvd recorder(turned off) with Q-link connected to AV4, power on setting is set to AV but it always starts with built-in dvb!? i'll disconnect the dvd recorder and see what happens :rolleyes:

9. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the DVD rec plugged in to the SKY+ box, and the SKY+ > Scart > AV1 (RGB). If the DVD has a disc in (ready to play) than turning on the PV500 goes straight to DVD. If the DVD is off, then it goes to SKY. That seems to be right for me.

10. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    the main problem i have experienced with my remote is that it is very sluggish to respond especially with the power on/off button. I have to press the button so hard and for so long just to turn the damn thing on, otherwise a lovely tv.
    i am thinking of asking for another remote as maybe mine is fauly. has this happened to any one with this plasma ??

11. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think that's a feature - it's a bit like a mobile phone: you have to press and hold the key to get it to turn on. Why they do that, I don't know (it may be to do with avoiding turning on due to getting a 'turn on' signal from one of the other 10,000 remotes that everyone has to use these days). I was a bit confused at first, but now it's no deal at all. BTW, you can also set your SKY remote to change the volume and some other functions (see thread on this forum).

12. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +394
    It's alot faster than the PE30 was. The standby button takes longer because if you did acidentally hit the button on the remote the set won't turn off immediately. Having to hold it down for longer lets the TV know your intention is to actually turn it off ;)

13. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    thanks guys, i am used to tellies that turn on immediately when you want it too, seems like panasonic has bit of attitude,but i can live with it as its such a lovely plasma!!