PV500 Component problem..(not in FAQs!)

WC Bird

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I have had my 42PV500 for about 6 months now and am very happy with it.. :D

However, not sure why, but whenver I try to watch a DVD through Component no, I get the sound, but the screen is black with a message top left which says No Signal. I have checked and double checked my settings.. ES10 set to AV1 Video with Component, and the right option on the telly, and my IXOS cablea are definately pushed all the way in..!! But it jusy won't work. I have to watch movies through Scart.

If it's any help, my settings are:

Sky>>TV >> scart (AV1)
DVD>> TV>> Component (and now scart AV2)

My Sky isn't connected yet, cause Ive just moved house.. coul dit be my cables that have packed up? Or just my settings all wrong.

Thank you in advance for any advice..

LW

Do You Have Component Switched On From The Dvd Player ?

I have the setting on the DVD as "Video with Component", which is what I had it on previously when the Component input was working.. are you saying there is an actual switch?

WC Bird said:
Hello everybody. I have had my 42PV500 for about 6 months now and am very happy with it.. :D

However, not sure why, but whenver I try to watch a DVD through Component no, I get the sound, but the screen is black with a message top left which says No Signal. I have checked and double checked my settings.. ES10 set to AV1 Video with Component, and the right option on the telly, and my IXOS cablea are definately pushed all the way in..!! But it jusy won't work. I have to watch movies through Scart.

If it's any help, my settings are:

Sky>>TV >> scart (AV1)
DVD>> TV>> Component (and now scart AV2)

My Sky isn't connected yet, cause Ive just moved house.. coul dit be my cables that have packed up? Or just my settings all wrong.

Thank you in advance for any advice..

LW

ON the panasonics.
componenet and RGB scart are shared through AV4.
Make sure that you have switched to av4 and pressed the button on the remote the correct amount of times to get AV4C showing in the top corner of the screen

Hiya,

Component and RGB are not shared on the PV500 - Component is a separate input entirely.
If you are definitely getting "Component" top left when you press the yellow button, then you're on the right input. (its shared between Component, PC and HDMI, so you may have to press it 3 times.......)
Failing that, your DVD player may well have a physical switch to "turn on" progressive scan - my Sony one does, on the back.......

Hope this helps.

Ian.

Ian182 said:
Hiya,

Component and RGB are not shared on the PV500 - Component is a separate input entirely.
If you are definitely getting "Component" top left when you press the yellow button, then you're on the right input. (its shared between Component, PC and HDMI, so you may have to press it 3 times.......)
Failing that, your DVD player may well have a physical switch to "turn on" progressive scan - my Sony one does, on the back.......

Hope this helps.

Ian.

Well, did not know that, thought they had kept it the same from the mark one Vieras. Sorry :oops:

Thanks for all your suggestions, but it still doesn't work.. may have to buy an extra set of component leads to see if the problem lies there.

Thanks

That is strange. I mean, as far as i know you shouldn't get NO SOUND from Component. It's for video only. I can only think about the fact you inserted the Component in the wrong outputs (audio), or the DVD output is not really Y Pb Pr. You should get the audio from dvd with RCA or optical cable, and video through component (don't forget to set your DVD as YUV, not RGB, and activate progressive scan). Good luck !

getting a dvd player to play ball on a pv500 can be a pain. Try this, hook up both RGB scart AND component from the same player. I had a similar problem on my toshiba player, and the player was the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom