1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 Card recording

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Figment, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Figment

Figment

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi I have checked the FAQ and not seen this mentioned but no doubt it has been somewhere, if so apologies.
    I never knew until after purchase, of the ability of the PV500 to be used as a video recorder by recording to a SD card. Not having any SD cards I wondered if anyone had tried this feature and what the results were like before lashing out on cards that wont fit my camera. It looks like a real bonus feature and wonder why more is not made of it in the sales info or talked about here ?.
    Could it be that its not all that ?
    Appreciate info from those who know.
    Thanks. Mick.

2. leeboy22001

leeboy22001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I've tried it using an MMC card and didn't think it was all that to be honest, could have been the speed of the MMC card, but could try an sd card i have around the house somewhere. The picture quality on the super fine was ok, but no way the same quality as that of dvd recorders @ 2 Hour setting for example etc.. more like dvd recorder at 8 hour setting, heavily compressed MPEG 4... also notice lipsink problems at super fine res, fine was much less noticeble. is handy if you want to capture something without worrying about quality.

3. meltonboy

meltonboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +401
    My advice is don't bother trying to record onto SD card. I tried 5 mins at the highest quality setting and it was both rubbish and only played on a reduced display size. WAAAAAY below VCR quality level. If someone gives you a SD card for free, don't even waste 5 minutes.

The slot is useful for reviewing digital photos if you have an SC card camera and has a neat slideshow function which works very nicely. Certainly more impressive than showing your holiday snaps from a snappy sna :rotfl: ps envelope

4. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive used the card from my digital camera just to see what its like...on highest quality Id say its handy as a back up for recording onto...not good enough as your main recorder but passable in an emergency

5. Figment

Figment

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Ok thanks guys, I get the picture and its obviously a bad one. Thought it was too good to be true. :(

6. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,597
    It is very good for recording stuff to view on your PDA, apart from that, forget it unless viewing photos.