1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 Auto Contrast - Info

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by irishguy2002, Oct 30, 2005.

1. irishguy2002

irishguy2002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just a notice after a few weeks usage of the contrast issue with PV500's:

I've noticed that it depends on the source of the material i.e. DVD, XBOX, PC and how it's connected i.e. SCART/RGB, Component, VGA/HDMI.

The problem is most noticable when using SCART/RGB...

I ran Sopranos DVD 1 Season 2, first episode, there is many light/dark scene changes that were bugging me on my DK Digital Divx/DVD player, I popped this in the pc via vga/dvi - HDMI and did not notice any problems.

Tried another DVD player (Better One, with Better Scart), results show that the light change is still there but it not as noticable as before.

It maybe the case to get your equipment setup to match your PV500 to eliminate such problems.

Just something I've picked up.

I'm very happy with the TV, just need a few work arounds to solve the issues.

2. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Its the same with my PHD8. Through component it is quite noticable, although it is a lot better since it was isf calibrated.
    But playing dvds through pc on dvi i dont notice it at all.

3. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to disagree.

I run my PV500 with HDMI/DVI all the time when watching HD stuff and I got heavy contrast changes, depending on the material.

Also happens with DVD/TV... it really depends on the movie. It is really easy to spot with 2.35:1 movies...

4. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Do you guy notice anything on the freeview? I have no contrast change whatsoever, even when playing my PS2 via scart