PV500 alternative

M

maladaptiveone

1st Post so please be gentle with me :hiya:

Following a long period of lurking on these forums I bit the bullet a couple of months ago and ordered a panasonic pv500ped from Empire Direct for a grand total of £2165

I was contacted yesterday re my order and told that they have a total of 140 orders for the pv500 and panasonic are only giving them 2 this week!

The upshot is that they cannot give me a delivery date and were suggesting I change my order for a Hitachi pd7500 as an alternative for £20 more

Having had a look at this screen I really do not like the styling and I think I am the sort of person that would stress over changing my original decision.

Can anyone suggest a similar priced and similar specced tv or am I better off continuing to give myself eye strain with my portable 22inch(from 18 feet!)
The other alternative I have seen is the euro version of the Pv500 for a few pounds cheaper is this a viable alternative? how does the warranty work?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Si

I personally think the 7200 looks nicer, shame it doesn't have HDMI though

Warranty is the same I believe?

I would stick with Panny myself, I have had a go with other brands and once set up they don't compete, I knwo they all look the same instore but once calibrated the panny is a very different beast.

Please let me correct you.

The Hitachi 42PD7200 has both DVI and HDMI slot
which both can be used with HDCP content and
HD material :lesson:

Simply, you have 2 x HD inputs.

Cheers :hiya:

How about considering the Panasonic PHD8, seems to be stock available but it is a panel only so you have to consider what else you may need to get to complete the set-up.

Giz, I'm surprised you haven't suggested it yourself.... :)

Or get a price match with JP as they have plenty in stock right now, but knowing the PV500's they wont last long

Thanks for all your replies :smashin:

I cant find anyone that I can price match with for JL

Am becoming increasingly tempted by the euro model TH-42PV500A-PED on digitaldirect.co.uk for £1979.96 plus postage.

Can anyone think of any pitfalls with buying a euro spec plasma other than the lack of freeview :confused:

Si

UKseless1 said:
How about considering the Panasonic PHD8, seems to be stock available but it is a panel only so you have to consider what else you may need to get to complete the set-up.

Giz, I'm surprised you haven't suggested it yourself.... :)

I still think the PHD screens are as good as it gets, but sometimes people need the tuner and the speakers built in.

The PHD8 although better will cost a little more, probably around £2300 with stand or bracket, component, hdmi and scart.

Remember you can price match with any shop in the UK, I used Hifi Confidential in London, Im in Aberdeen, you couldnt get any further apart!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom