1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 ... 24 hrs to decide! (Analogue question)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by andyhise, Sep 29, 2005.

1. andyhise

andyhise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all: superb forum by the way.

I've found a Panny TH42PV500A at just under £2,000, IN STOCK, in the UK, at digital direct.

It's European stock, the standard Panny 1-yr Warranty, absolutely covered by Panasonic UK.

QUESTION

It's the ANALOGUE version. In ALL other respects it's the same as the Freeview version (with the Pedestal). I have Sky, I'm going to get Sky HD, so my questions are these:

- why pay for the Freeview / IDTV version?

- am I missing a trick here? Sub-£2,000 and available NOW seems too good to be true for the TV that's generally held to be the most-wanted telly of 05.

- if most of my viewing is going to be either Sky or DVD, have I done a Good Thing and saved myself a few hundred quid, or have I bought a pup?

By the way, the 24 hours to decide! headline refers to the fact that I'm buying it on 0%, so I'm not 100% in until I sign the finance agreement, arriving tomorrow. Delivery will be 7 days from the day they get that back.

Should I be happy? :)

Cheers: Andy

2. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thats the reason why its £2000 that its the Euro version, less in demand than the British Version. Ive waited for the UK Version, freeview will come in handy when it comes to PiP. You can get the UK version for about £2200 but as you know there are delays, I would go for it if youre not bothered about Freeview. Then you can give us all some pictures!! Im hoping for mine by the end of next week at the latest, of course I will oblige with some pictures of the screen and my setup.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    If you have sky, no reason at all to want freeview. Personally I'd never want an IDTV anyway, cos my freeview box is better. I suppose it's one less device to plug in, but I like mine the way it is.

4. andyhise

andyhise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beginning to think I might be all right :) Thanks tscotsman and MAW for your quick advice.