1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PV500 0r 436XDE ????

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by stuart2348, Sep 17, 2005.

1. stuart2348

stuart2348
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I, like many, have been on the waiting list for a Panny 42PV500 forever !!! I spoke to Pannasonic in the week and the customer services girl confirmed that the September delivery would not cover all of the back orders and that the October shipment will be double the normal delivery in an attempt to meet demand, Just in time for Christmas I thought :mad:

Reading through this morning I see that many are thinking about the new Pioneer 436 and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a demo unit in Surrey, nr Guildford ??, I could look at as this seems to be answer to my dilemma.... :suicide:

Does anyone have first hand experience of the Pioneer as I was following the PV500 trend and only wanted the Panny because everyone raved about it so much, is the Pioneer a better bet ???

Cheers,
    Stuart

2. stuart2348

stuart2348
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found pioneer in Comet Guildford, off to take a look....

3. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    i went down to my local comet to see the new pioneer but it wasnt there. But while I was there I was looking at the pv500 with HD material and theres no getting away from it, it was stunning. Ive got a feeling that if my Pv500 is available next week then Ill take that, its cheaper and its got a 5 year warranty.

I would like the 436XDE but its more expensive and the 1 year warranty doesnt seem like enough for me, of course if i dont get my pv500 by the end of the month, I could end up getting the pioneer.

I probably reckon the difference between the two is actually negligable to the average man on the street.