PV1 dead?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Treguard, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Treguard

Treguard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi
    I tried to change from using an optical cable to hdmi via my denon 3806. For some reason there was suddenly no sound from the sub although the green light was on. After taking the fuse out to look at it (seems fine can't tell if it had blown or not though) the container the fuse sits in has broken (it seemed very flimsy). After putting the fuse back in, the sub now makes a continuous clicking sound - is this just the fuse not sitting in right/blown possibly?

I'll be phoning B&w on Monday to see if I can get a replacement fuse holder hoping that's he problem and stick with optical. Also is it right that the only sub connection on the 3806 is the one found in the pre out area? I'm sure the sub was connected to one of the coax ports.

Any help/advice etc would be greatly appreciated. I'm in a predicament where I can't afford a new sub and may have to sell it on as parts

Thanks!

2. Treguard

Treguard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ok well this has now gone off for repair. If anyone experiences the same issue then hopefully this will be of some use