Putting together a wedding congratulations video

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cousin is getting married next week but due to the current COVID situation they are going away and no guests are going along. My wife is putting together a video of the various family members sending their best wishes and she just happened to mention she will put the brides mum and dad first in the video. My initial thought was that they should be the final message on the video and now we aren’t sure what order to put everyone.
We have the brides parents, the brides brother and his family, her aunt and uncle and the rest are cousins. Anyone got any thoughts on how to order this? We don’t want to upset anyone (particularly her parents/brother).

My cousin is getting married next week but due to the current COVID situation they are going away and no guests are going along. My wife is putting together a video of the various family members sending their best wishes and she just happened to mention she will put the brides mum and dad first in the video. My initial thought was that they should be the final message on the video and now we aren’t sure what order to put everyone.
We have the brides parents, the brides brother and his family, her aunt and uncle and the rest are cousins. Anyone got any thoughts on how to order this? We don’t want to upset anyone (particularly her parents/brother).
The best way would be to ask the brides parents, and say you’re not sure, and don’t want to cause offence.

It‘s most likely that they won’t be bothered - but you can’t go wrong if you ask them!:smashin:

Typically it looks like the whole thing might have been a bit of a waste of time. We have just all received a zoom invite to watch the wedding live. Oh well.

Typically it looks like the whole thing might have been a bit of a waste of time. We have just all received a zoom invite to watch the wedding live. Oh well.

Unless it's a massive pain, why not do the video anyway? Fwiw, I like @The Dreamer's idea of asking the parents, but my tuppence worth is that the video should be ordered as the top table would be at a traditional wedding, i.e. parents of bride, parents of groom, best man, maid of honour and so on...

Yeah, we have all the video clips anyway so will be putting them together and sending to the bride on the morning of the wedding. We asked on the group chat that has been set up and it seems nobody cares about the order so went with the most important first. More importantly though I put my brother last. :)

Yeah, we have all the video clips anyway so will be putting them together and sending to the bride on the morning of the wedding. We asked on the group chat that has been set up and it seems nobody cares about the order so went with the most important first. More importantly though I put my brother last. :)

For shits and giggles, I'd get a cleaner or policeman or someone else completely random to do the last one.

edit: my wife thinks it’d be funnier to have the completely random stranger leave their message of congratulations, then your brother last :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
For sh*ts and giggles, I'd get a cleaner or policeman or someone else completely random to do the last one.

edit: my wife thinks it’d be funnier to have the completely random stranger leave their message of congratulations, then your brother last :laugh:
That would be brilliant. 🤣🤣🤣

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom