Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Putting the DT91 into standby?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by johndon, May 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I've just got a DT91 tuner (DAB is excellent - although I do have line of sight to the local transmitter so it should be!!). Problem is though that there seems to be no way to put the unit into standy with the supplied remote.

If I press the power button on the remote, it puts my AVR300 into standby. I could probably use the trigger from the 300 to the DT91 but I don't want the DT91 to come on every time I switch the 300 on.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

John

2. Nick Odgers

Nick Odgers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I have got this tuner as well and there is no way to put it in standby from the remote, does it matter, as it is only a matter of walking over and pressing the on/off button!

3. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Not when it's not in the same room its not....:rolleyes:

John

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    Page 10 of the manual list the discrete RC5 commands it will respond to. A good quality programmable remote control such as the Marantx RC5400 of the NevoSL which I have myself can be programmed with all of these. It is also worth noting that there are discrete 'ON' and 'OFF' commands available and not just a power toggle.

5. en6jwrs2

en6jwrs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Evening,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this issue is driving me crazy.

I recently bought two DT91’s at the same time from the same retailer (one for me, one for my dad). The problem is that his will go into standby (from his CR80 & I believe his supplied remote with the DAB tuner). Mine however, will not respond to the same commands.

Is there anyway of programming the CR80 to complete this operation? If not can anyone explain the difference between mine and my dad’s set up? (We both have AVR300, DV137 & DT91).

Many thanks in advance and apologies if the clever ones amongst you have already solved this issue elsewhere (I did search!)

Thanks