Putting pictures on DVD-RAM for Panny recorders

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sweat100, Aug 14, 2004.

1. sweat100

sweat100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have quite a number of pictures on my computer which i wanted to put into a DVD-Ram disc so that i will be able to view on my TV. But i am not sure how can i burn it to the RAM disc. In Nero, there are ISO, UDF formats and so on. Which one shall i use? Please advise. Btw i am using the DMR-E100H recorder and using the LG 4120B burner for my PC.

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Probably easier to creat a dvd slide show, which the software should do?
    Burn to a dvd -r for simplicity, with several menu options so you don't have to go through too many photo's to find the one you want.

3. sweat100

sweat100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I would like to put it into DVD-RAM becausejus need it for temperaory sake, as my parents want to see photos whithout the hassle of using the computer. Is there a software which allows me to do that, so that it is recognised in the DMR-E100?

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    If your using Windows XP no special software is required as DVD-RAM is fully supported by that OS (if your having problems reading/writing to them turn off that horrific InCD that comes with the LG4120 and stops you using DVD-RAMs).

To answer your question: in Windows Explorer create a folder called 'JPEG' on your DVD-RAM disk. Inside that create a folder called '100_DVD and inside that put your JPEGs. You will then be able to view them on the E100.

If you do need to format the drive you want to use UDF 2.0 (although it's probably easier if you do this on the E100 as it then titles the disk for you).

5. 3.6R

3.6R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    However the PANASONIC Recorders don't accept the JPEG in her notice ?
    Please, explain me...

6. sweat100

sweat100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually what i was referring to is those PAnasonic recorders with the ability to view JPEG, so it should be able to view JPEG. Thanks Rasczak, if not i would not been able to transfer files from my comp to the DVD-RAM. :thumbsup: