• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Putting PC in another room / store cupboard

The Commander

Standard Member
For noise and aesthetics I am thinking of moving my desktop PC into a store cupboard.

My plan is the make a top shelf in a full height store cupboard to store my server and desktop and possibly my ethernet switch (I need to install a wired network as well)

Now what are my best options - I will need hdmi and a few usb ports - for webcam, wireless kb and one spare, and for audio.

The distance is about 4m in a straight line but I either go up into the loft or down into the floorboards to run the cables.

Idealy I would like the monitor and usb devices to plug into sockets located in the all - ie hdmi wall socket and a usb wall socket - and audio wall socket?

How can you run cables without having a large usb or hdmi connector on one end? What I mean is that if I was running say a network cable it would just be the wire and I would put a connector on after I have run the cable - with hdmi I would need to make bigger runs just to fit the connector through.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom