Putting music onto the Hard-drive?!

Foster1984

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I want to copy some music from a Sony Microvault USB drive to the Hard-drive of my Xbox 360 Elite. However, I can not find where the option to do this is.

I know when I copiedmusic over to my old 20Gb Premium there was an option for copying music from device to device, but that was back in the days of the old dashboard.

Can anyone tellme where the copy option is on the new dashboard?

My Xbox > System Settings > Memory

There you can choose your Hard-drive, mem card, usb etc :) with the move/copy/delete options - unsure if you can transfer MP3s to USB > HD though as i have never done MP3s.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Xbox > System Settings > Memory

There you can choose your Hard-drive, mem card, usb etc :) with the move/copy/delete options - unsure if you can transfer MP3s to USB > HD though as i have never done MP3s.

Dont think you can, as my USB isnt coming up as memory in the memory section. :thumbsdow

Na pretty sure u never been able to copy stuff that way, if u using a Microvault flash drive why not just leave it plugged in or as required?, cos apart from ripping CD's again dont think u can copy them the way you want.
They should have added it by now if u cant, one of the features the PS3 has but the 360 dont.
I just plug my PC ext HDD in or stream if required as have the 20gb drive with 2gb left and dont wanna waste space.
Streaming not an option for you? or just as easy to plug ur flash drive in when required.

as above the only method of physically putting the music on the xbox HDD is ripping a CD, otherwise it has to be streamed using the music player or media centre or played from a removeable device (USB flash drive, external HDD etc)

Dont think you can, as my USB isnt coming up as memory in the memory section. :thumbsdow

Strange, should show - i have actually used USBs before for playing music straight of it<cite></cite>

Na pretty sure u never been able to copy stuff that way

Maybe not for MP3s but you can transfer/copy/move/delete everything else like profiles using system settings > memory

Yeah but he was on about music, even saves and profiles cant be copied that way, at least not to an external device like he said about, only by proper 360 mem card then on to pc for backup if have right gear.

Strange, should show - i have actually used USBs before for playing music straight of it<cite></cite>

Maybe not for MP3s but you can transfer/copy/move/delete everything else like profiles using system settings > memory
they dont show in memory in the system settings of the xbox they only show in the media sections
eg Music, Video and Pictures

If it can fit on the Memory unit or HDD you can copy saves, profiles and DLC (unless locked to the console when they cant be moved)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom