Putting CD music on DV

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by jezgroom, Dec 27, 2001.

1. jezgroom

jezgroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy a digicam which I can add music from a CD source really easily. I think the best / cheapest option is maybe the Canon MV400i and then plugging the CD directly to the camera and pressing start/stop a lot ! I know that linking to the PC will be better but I wouldn't mind starting gently ! Any thoughts ?

2. colinrbarrett

colinrbarrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bear in mind that you'll probably be erasing sound previously recorded on tape, unless you're using an audio dub facility. Trouble is that this normally only gives you 12-bit 32Khz audio, which falls far short of the CD's 16-bit 44.1Khz spec.

Better if you can wait til you can capture video into a computer then rip the CD tracks directly into the program.

- Colin

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Panasonic NV-MX7 has a function where you can send music from a Hi-fi onto the memory card. So it works like an MP3 player or something. If you really want this though you will have to pay a bit more than you would be paying for the MV-400i.
    As far as I know this camcorder has very good picture quailty and sound quality too. Probably why it more expensive.
    I may be buying one tomorrow.:)
    I haven't read too much about this camcorder though so hopefully I'm not making a big mistake :confused: