1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Put me off buying a Tosh 32ZP48 if you can

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Panasonic_Dude, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Panasonic_Dude

Panasonic_Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've pretty much decided to get one of these, heard good stuff and it seems you get a lot of set for $$$, here's your chance to put me off before i buy either with horror stories or give alternatives for the same money. :devil:

2. Ch3tan

Ch3tan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'm torn between this Toshiba and the Panasonic 32pd30, so I'd be intresting in hearing the views as well. Reading through the amount of complaints about most sets here, its difficult to find the good points.

3. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't say anything bad about the 32zp48. Had mine for a month now and everything is spot on.

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,487
    I'm just worried if I get the 32" inch about the lack of geomagnetic correction that the 36" has. You would think that if it was an issue on the 32" inch then the facility to correct it would be provided like it is on the 36". Is this 'problem' something that only affects 36" CRTs?

Cheers
    Andy

5. mildred

mildred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just don't like the look of the Toshiba. The cabinet and stand look cheap and tacky.

The 32ZP48 was on my shortlist, but I went for a Philips pixel plus set.

The Philips picture suits me better, but you you have to make your own choice.

6. INchSHOrT

INchSHOrT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes the stand doesn't look like something out of a space age movie, but how many stands out there have three shelves that can house your av equipment comfortably?

7. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ZAndy1 - Geometry can affect all TVs - I've seen some really bad geometry on a 22" 4:3 TV. However, if there is a slight geometry problem it is going to be more noticeable on a 36" TV compared to a 32" which is why I suppose Toshiba only put the correction utility on the 36". If the geometry is bad on any TV on delivery then return it immediately.

I really like the stand for the ZP48 with the 3 glass shelves - looks really nice but then everyone has different tastes.

8. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    [​IMG]

:thumbsup:

9. INchSHOrT

INchSHOrT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe it comes with one shelve that you can use if you wish, and stack all AV equipment on top of each other. Ok if they are stackable, but try stacking on top of a XBOX. :nono:

Nice Looking TV the sony, however at £300 more plus the extra expense of buying 5.1 dolby digital amp if required, the Tosh has it built in.

10. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Don't forget there is a VCR under there which must have been used twice since i purchased it :suicide: Xbox should sit under there? The Toshiba's are nice-they were on my short list,but the picture wasn't as good as the Sony and the case looked very cheap IMO. You get a lot for your £££ though ;)