Pushing Daisies - Season 2 (with spoilers)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Season 2, episode 1: Bzzzzzzz! - starts in the US today (1/10/08)

Season 2 Promo and Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LstZWusNC9o

cast_season2_001.jpg

cast_season2_003.jpg

Those are a couple of fantastic promo pics:)
Just watched season1 on Blu-ray, not only was the show as good as the first time but drop dead gorgeous in HD.

Episode 1

It was ok, seemed to go on for ever though. 6/10

I tend to agree, again it looked fantastic and you've got to love the characters but as a season opener it was pretty weak.

I tend to agree, again it looked fantastic and you've got to love the characters but as a season opener it was pretty weak.

The characters are better than the plots, got a soft spot for Olive Snook, just makes me smile :)
Loved the whole nunnery thing with her luggage, not so sure off the line something like it getting taken away by the poor, i thought you said porter! :D

The show needs to vary the formula a bit more this season for sure.

Pushing Daisies in danger of cancellation? By Tim Surette10/30/08 12:15 PM33
What happened to the flower power at ABC? Pushing Daisies, the critical favorite that turned primetime television upside-down, may be the latest show to be on the short side of a television executive's grievous error. With production on the series' initial 13-episode order due to end on November 12, the lack of a full-season pickup has Daisies fans and cast members thinking the touch of death is near.

Wilting Daisies?
Pushing Daisies is part of ABC's Wednesday-night block, which has been one of the season's more puzzling disappointments. Private Practice, Dirty Sexy Money, and Pushing Daisies are all down in the ratings department, and no one seems to know why. Nevertheless, Private Practice received a full-season pickup about a week ago, but word on both Daisies and Dirty Sexy is still mum.

Kristen Chenoweth, who plays fan favorite Olive Snook, is concerned about the show's future.

"It looks like we could possibly not be getting picked up. We have not gotten our order for the back nine [episodes] yet," Chenoweth told The National Ledger. "We finish November 12, and if we don't get any more news, then that means we're done. We just don't know what's going on. It's the not knowing that is driving everybody crazy. We're still doing our show and keeping positive, but I think deep down people just want to know."

What Daisies has going against it is the show's high production values; it isn't a cheap show to make. And with the economy sluggish (and that's a euphemism), ABC has to take a business-first approach. On the other hand, critics and executives are high on the program, so it's really a case of cross your fingers and wait and see.

The cost factor could really kill off the show as it really does need to hit the 18-49 demographic, even Heroes at $4mill an ep could struggle if it's numbers drop any lower.

Dim Sum Lose Some

A very funny episode this week, lots of Emmerson as he battles his attraction towards Simone who makes a reappearance with her Bubblegum and Chuck was particularly pretty this week:)
Not too keen on the B plot but that could develop if they have the time..

The cost factor could really kill off the show as it really does need to hit the 18-49 demographic, even Heroes at $4mill an ep could struggle if it's numbers drop any lower.

Dim Sum Lose Some

A very funny episode this week, lots of Emmerson as he battles his attraction towards Simone who makes a reappearance with her Bubblegum and Chuck was particularly pretty this week:)
Not too keen on the B plot but that could develop if they have the time..

i must catch up with this show :)

QUOTE]

Does anyone know what the budget of PD is and if it has been dropped?

Regards
Bri

Regards
Bri

The internet is a mass of information but that bit of info is as yet impossible to find:)
There were certainly cutbacks in production budget or at least elements removed from the first season as they had to save money but I've not read anything to indicate further reductions were called for in the second season.
I have to say that so far there does seem to be less CGI used but it's not been that much of an issue, the show still looks otherworldly thanks to costuming and set dressing.

Rumours say the show be gone by next week with Fuller moving to work on Heroes.

Looks like the programme might be dropped!

According to industry sources familiar with the situation, ABC has decided not to produce any more episodes of the critically beloved show this season. Word of the show's apparent death began spreading around Hollywood Thursday morning, though an ABC spokeswoman insisted no decision has been made on the show's fate.

Under one scenario making the rounds, ABC might find a way to extend the options on the "Daisies" cast and crew for several months so that the show could be revived next season. But such a plan would be costly.

Producer Warner Bros. TV had no comment.

"Daisies" wraps production on its 13-episode fall order today. A decision to end the show has been expected for some time now, but it nonetheless represents a stunning reversal of fortune for the Warner Bros. Television-produced fantasy drama.

Despite another strong promo push, the second season of "Daisies" premiered to far lower ratings than the first.

The net may be mulling a plan to extend its options on the show's cast and attempt another relaunch next year.

But that's a longshot possibility. At a recent Paley Center panel, showrunner Bryan Fuller said he'd consider continuing the "Daisies" storyline via comicbook if the show was canceled.

"Pushing Daisies," which has earned raves for its quirky storylines and stylish design, has averaged just 6.6 million views overall and a 2.3 rating/5 share after five episodes this season. Show has been preempted the past two weeks, first for a "Dancing With the Stars" results show and this week because of the CMA Awards.

Warner Bros. TV is behind "Daisies," which launched last year to decent ratings as part of ABC's Wednesday night lineup. But the show's ratings started to dip -- and then came the strike, which shortened the skein's freshman year. Alphabet opted to bring back its Wednesday sked intact for a do-over this fall, but so far the numbers have been disappointing.

More than one option(Person) Bryan Fuller
Co-Executive Producer, Consultant, Consulting Producer
(Person) Bryan Fuller
Soloist

Oh Oh Oh...It's Magic

The always entertaining Fred Willard guest starred as The Great Herrmann pseudo dad to Ned's half brothers which led into yet another murder mystery although for a time it looked like we would see a monkey brought back:)
Again another fine episode but this time dealing more with the season arc about Ned's father and why Dixon is really looking for him.

What a damn shame the show has been cancelled:(
It does look like we'll get the half season then there is a small chance of a movie to wrap things up.

There's a part of me is happy to see it end so soon. I have serious doubts that they could've maintained the very high standard for 22 episodes every year. The first series was short because of the writers strike (even shorter on ITV) and I think it benefited because of that. It was a very special show and I suspect the usual US TV grind of 22 episodes would have made it a whole lot less special.

Cheers
Bri

I agree Brian. I enjoyed season 1 and was looking forward to the first episode but it left me a bit cold. I'll stick with it for a while though but, having read that it looks like being cancelled, I don't hold out much hope for improvement.

I'll probably watch it through to the end then as it's one of the few tv shows that both me and the wife enjoy.

I enjoyed every episode of season 1 so I hope Krish is correct. I haven't wiped the episode yet and may give another at some point.

All the best
Bri

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom