Push Email - is there a way to make it active only in certain hours (ie. 8 til 6)??

braddo111

Established Member
Reaction score
Kinda missing that Android functionality on this feature. Don't like emails coming through and lighting the phone up all night.

If not possible to set times, is there a workaround? Any other suggestions?

Cheers!

Certainly not possible with the native mail app as far as i'm aware. Only thing you could do is turn of Push at night then back on in the morning which is where being jailbroken with SBSettings would be handy.

Could well be apps out there that do it mind you.

Yep thats the current MO. turning push on and off manually morning and night.

Anyone know of a non jailbroken app?

Apple dont allow apps to have access to change the settings quickly so you will be looking for a non native mail application that has a quiet time function. I've only ever used the native one to be honest so never looked for anything else.

Could be looking at this thread :-
http://www.avforums.com/forums/iphone-apps/1548492-settings-toggles-no-jb-required.html

I've just had a play using this part of the link on that thread :-
Folks at Backterimedia have also created the web-based home screen toggles for all the Settings toggles. Point your iOS device's Safari browser to this link Bakterimedia iCon β and follow on-screen instructions. The icons are not as pretty as Broderick's but at the end of the day it does the job and covers almost all the Settings toggles.

If you load that website in safari on your iPhone then go to Settings Icons then Account Settings and save that icon to your home page it gives you something to press that takes you straight to where the Push setting is accessed rather than have to do settings etc. Still a workaround but quicker.

I had this issue coming from Android.

If you go to Settings - General - Network and flick off mobile data. No more emails and the battery drain wont be so much when you are sleeping. I use to lose 15%-20% at night now its only 5%. I've got the project icon app (69p) so have a link on my home page for it (as well as wifi & bluetooth)

Great feedback - thanks guys. I downloaded Icon Project. Am on the right track.....

Still can't find a shortcut to MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDARS/ FETCH NEW DATA though...

In Cydia, the apps "Auto Silent" or "SBSchedule" will do this for you :smashin:

Can you just not use something else as an alarm clock and keep the phone downstairs, or set the phone to silent and put it face down?

no. quite like some phone web surfing, or gaming before sleep, and also like being able to check emails during night easily as my work involves Aussie and Uk time zones so always active.

no. quite like some phone web surfing, or gaming before sleep, and also like being able to check emails during night easily as my work involves Aussie and Uk time zones so always active.

Can you just not use something else as an alarm clock and keep the phone downstairs, or set the phone to silent and put it face down?

thats the only way without jailbreaking to still maintain what you want it to do

well - a shortcut via Icon Project to Mail/Fetch would provide a two tap solution which I'd be happy with.

Weird that it's not available anywhere on the net.....

I worked it out! This should help a few people. I'm using ICONPROJECT.

Mail Fetch Settings (Toggle Push on/off) - prefs:root=fetch

Last edited:
Apologies! It doesnt work. Still on the hunt for the fetch shortcut URL

Don't wanna jailbreak. And I'm on ios5 so don't even hav that option, do I?

I put my phone into airplane mode overnight. No chance of incoming texts or emails or calls waking me up but still have alarm clock and music to go to sleep with functionality.

I put my phone into airplane mode overnight. No chance of incoming texts or emails or calls waking me up but still have alarm clock and music to go to sleep with functionality.

why not just put it on silent, alarm clock still works and any texts and stuff will still come through without waking you

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom