PUS9005 owners thread

AVtest

Established Member
Reaction score
looks like its already with retailers, any owners to share their experience? Is it really same as 8xx5 but just with 4sided ambilight? any owners could post aida64 report.

Interested in this too. Who else has it in apart from Currys?

Don't think Richer Sounds will be stocking it

Anyone got the 70inch model? Think it is a Curry's exclusive

Hi all, looking at the specs the peak brightness is 400nits, isn't that quite low for a HDR TV?

How's the new toy @abs Have you had a chance to test it out. Good and bad points? Would you recommend?

How's the new toy @abs Have you had a chance to test it out. Good and bad points? Would you recommend?

Hi overall I'm very happy with the tv and I'll be keeping it once they replace this one.. (see a few posts back with my initial thoughts) ambilight adds so much more to the experience fills the wall behind it (see pics in my other post).

One thing I did notice on a black background is some clouding on the right side of the set. But this goes away after a bit, (see pic). This may settle after the tv has been bedded in? But its not always there. I think I notice it when switching sources. Just been checking with a solid blackscreen on you tube and it's not there?

4k content looks mint on You tube and streaming.. Android seems fine.. The sound is also decent from the tv.. I did think about getting a soundbar before I received it but this would block the 4th light at the bottom so I'll give it a miss..
IMG_20200930_212312.jpg

@abs How is the brightness? Also have you tried it with gaming?

No issues with brightness, not tried gaming, don't have a console at the moment.. Did you check out my other post a page back or so with pics..

Watched some stuff on Netflix last night and was blown away with the PQ. The hdr settings are a mixed bag, I've left it in vivid as the picture has more punch to it.

Don't think I can get better in terms of screen size, pq and price I paid (700) I'd happily recommend..

I've had a few days now and had a couple of small issues, hopefully software updates will fix as love the ambilight. Sometimes apps (itvplayer, iplayer, freeview play etc) don't load (just a black screen). Changing from Ethernet to wifi or back can help or a reboot. Also I've had a couple of times the top 1-2cm of the screen is half a second behind the rest! Really weird but again a reboot fixed it.

I've had a few days now and had a couple of small issues, hopefully software updates will fix as love the ambilight. Sometimes apps (itvplayer, iplayer, freeview play etc) don't load (just a black screen). Changing from Ethernet to wifi or back can help or a reboot. Also I've had a couple of times the top 1-2cm of the screen is half a second behind the rest! Really weird but again a reboot fixed it.
Any glitches constant like that and I would be wary of keeping it. Or are these normal issues? My current Samsung has issues playing Disney+ but not anything else. Everything else works fine. I'm hoping the pus9005 won't be the same or worse. ;)

Last edited:
My experience is that I'm getting a better response from streaming apps over my firestick 4k instead of the tv itself.. I've noticed that a few times stuff on Netflix through the tv app would pause, buffer and the same on you tube but on the firestick its fine.

Problem there is, it has to take up one of my HDMI ports. You should be able to use the inbuilt apps. Ive not owned Philips before so Im hoping its not common to have to use yet another piece of equipment. Kind of defeats the purpose of a smart tv. ;)

Getting this tv 10th October can’t wait first new tv in years, replacing our 40 inch Alba tv,so not used to all the new technology.

Getting this tv 10th October can’t wait first new tv in years, replacing our 40 inch Alba tv,so not used to all the new technology.

You're in for a big treat then, enjoy

Where did you order from? I'm still awaiting a delivery date from Currys.

Also I've had a couple of times the top 1-2cm of the screen is half a second behind the rest! Really weird but again a reboot fixed it.
Does this keep happening for you? I've got the 58 inch model & noticed this is a consistent issue when I watch 'normal' TV. Power cycle seems to fix the issue for about 5 minutes before it comes back. So far the TV has been OK on anything other than aerial.. I've gone through and tried various settings like turning everything off to ease processing etc and no luck.
I'm interested to know if anyone else has had the same issue? First time ambilight owner and a mixed experience so far! (great TV other than this issue)
20201005_085952.jpg

Does this keep happening for you? I've got the 58 inch model & noticed this is a consistent issue when I watch 'normal' TV. Power cycle seems to fix the issue for about 5 minutes before it comes back. So far the TV has been OK on anything other than aerial.. I've gone through and tried various settings like turning everything off to ease processing etc and no luck.
I'm interested to know if anyone else has had the same issue? First time ambilight owner and a mixed experience so far! (great TV other than this issue)View attachment 1376429
I've not had it come back since.... I've left the settings alone for now as think I've a fairly decent picture but I was messing around with the settings menu before it came up so that might have something to do with it. I'll grab my setup it's currently on and post... I found skin tones were a bit pinky before I adjusted it. Wouldn't mind someone with more experience than me posting a full setup though.

edit - also when you say power cycle, did you pull the plug? because yes it came back after putting onto standby with the remote. The only way to fully power cycle is to remove the plug, or go into the android menu and restart.

I've not had it come back since.... I've left the settings alone for now as think I've a fairly decent picture but I was messing around with the settings menu before it came up so that might have something to do with it. I'll grab my setup it's currently on and post... I found skin tones were a bit pinky before I adjusted it. Wouldn't mind someone with more experience than me posting a full setup though.

edit - also when you say power cycle, did you pull the plug? because yes it came back after putting onto standby with the remote. The only way to fully power cycle is to remove the plug, or go into the android menu and restart.
Pic Style - Movie
Colour - 50
Backlight Contrast - 80
Sharpness - 5
Brightness - 50
Colour Enhancement - Minimum
Colour Gamut - Normal
Colour Temp - Cool
Contrast Mode - Optimised for picture
HDR upscaling - On
Dynamic Contrast - Minimum
Video Contrast - 80
Light Sensor - On
Gamma - 0
Ultra Res - On
Noise Reduction - Minimum
MPEG Artefact - Minimum
Motion Style - Movie (some may prefer this off)

Like I said I'm no expert but looks good on mine at the mo.

Cheers for the response. By power cycle I mean unplugging from the wall for a few minutes and then going again, I tried standby which didn't seem to do anything for me. I've contacted Philips today who hopefully will investigate the issue their side but not sure what will come from that.
I found some good settings on a previous post (quite a few pages back), generic for the ambilight android TV but these work really well! Feels a bit odd turning everything off/down on a new TV but the picture did seem much better overall. Your options seem very similar to mine although I'm not at home so can't compare exactly!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom