PUS9005 owners thread

abs

Here you go
Thanks mate.

Can't see any on yours.. Any chance of a plain black screen and is that in a dark room?

Also what setting do you have your hdr at, mine is at vivid but I've put it to personal and changed other settings and it makes it a bit better.

If anyone else with a 70inch screen could test their backlight bleed for me please and take a picture and also let me know what hdr setting they have it at, hdr vivid makes it worse. TIA

Last edited:

abs

Any other owners with the 9005 post pics of a black screen please. If its worse on mine then I may have to return it for a third one, not ideal but need to make sure first. Thanks

abs

Assuming that’s backlight bleed, you can change the appearance of the backlight bleed by massaging the screen with a micro fibre cloth. You’ll never totally alleviate it but you can change the pattern so that it’s less distracting.

Try it on a black screen in the dark and see.
Hi mate did this last night and it really helped, thanks again

mykyl66

Standard Member
Finally got delivery. antenna tv is garbage but everything else is better than very nice. Tried Disney+, prime video, Netflix YouTube etc. Tried xbox and ps4. Am blown away by what I am seeing. Im seeing details I have never seen before. I had an hdr Samsung 55 inch tv before and so far this is blowing that way out of the water. I have owned LG as well. I must admit I do like motion control on tvs and wish I had more control on this one. On the Samsung I can tweak it so I don't get soap opera effect or glitches but it removes the blur. Cant find a way to tweak this quite the same.
More to come as I play as I have only had it set up for a few hours and its daylight so far. :)

mykyl66

Standard Member
So apparently the tv can do 120hz with xbox one x. (HD only from what I gather.) Ive learned something new. Not that I will use it. ;)

petecod

Standard Member
So apparently the tv can do 120hz with xbox one x. (HD only from what I gather.) Ive learned something new. Not that I will use it. ;)
Did you try this with the one x yourself or read it somewhere?

I thought the panel was native 60hz.

mykyl66

Standard Member
The xbox gave me the option to change it to 120hz in HD. It was never enabled on my last two tvs. I set it for a few minutes then went back to 4k 60hz. Im guessing it detected the ability in this tv.

abs

The xbox gave me the option to change it to 120hz in HD. It was never enabled on my last two tvs. I set it for a few minutes then went back to 4k 60hz. Im guessing it detected the ability in this tv.

Any noticeable difference when playing games?

petecod

Standard Member
Any noticeable difference when playing games?
None whatsoever, don’t think any xbox one x games can do more than 60fps tried forza 7 both modes felt the same. When the series x comes out I will try again possibly dirt5 as that’s 120fps capable.Will have to be 1080 resolution not that I could see a massive difference between that and 4K anyway.

mykyl66

Standard Member
I love the picture on this tv. I hate the niggles it has. Last night Freeview play said it was empty and then disappeared. I re-enabled it but it kept asking for me to accept terms and conditions. I had to do a full reinstall to get it back.
It won't auto start my sound bar. I can't enter text from y phone using the remote app. I want to re-order the sources but can't. HDR game mode is dull so I use HDR vivid with no noticeable problems playing games other than they look stunning while playing.
It says my usb stick with some media files I have is corrupt and wants to format it. Its a standard windows format and should according to the manual allow me to view my stored media on it. Im not going to be using it to record tv. I will use a hard drive for that. Thats just what's coming to mind at the moment. Lots to find solutions for.

After all that, to me, the image on this tv is far superior to my dads Q90R from last year on HDR. I think I need to play with the settings on his again as that just should not be the case. ;) When it works its stunning... to me.

petecod

Standard Member
I 'fixed' most of those niggles by buying an Nvidia Shield Pro, as I don't watch live TV. Still haven't found a way to re-order the sources or even hide unwanted sources. Might have to try HDR Vivid rather than HDR Game Mode as I agree the image is a bit dull in that mode.

mykyl66

Standard Member
Until I saw mention of the Nvidia shield pro on these forums I had no clue what that was. :) I do now and think I may just have to get one.

abs

Until I saw mention of the Nvidia shield pro on these forums I had no clue what that was. :) I do now and think I may just have to get one.
I use a firestick for all my streaming stuff.. Wow that's saying something if its better than your dad's q90r. I love the pic on my TV as well

petecod

Standard Member
Don't do what I did and go the long route via built in Android TV Software>Roku Express>Roku Premiere>Amazon Firestick 4K finally ending up with the Nvidia Shield Pro. Talk about buy cheap buy twice :laugh:. The single only nit pick I can think of is that there's no native All4 app for the shield, but it's so simple to cast from a mobile phone it's kind of irrelevant. I got the Shield Pro version as it has USB ports for hard drives.

Daveboi7

Novice Member
I love the picture on this tv. I hate the niggles it has. Last night Freeview play said it was empty and then disappeared. I re-enabled it but it kept asking for me to accept terms and conditions. I had to do a full reinstall to get it back.
It won't auto start my sound bar. I can't enter text from y phone using the remote app. I want to re-order the sources but can't. HDR game mode is dull so I use HDR vivid with no noticeable problems playing games other than they look stunning while playing.
It says my usb stick with some media files I have is corrupt and wants to format it. Its a standard windows format and should according to the manual allow me to view my stored media on it. Im not going to be using it to record tv. I will use a hard drive for that. Thats just what's coming to mind at the moment. Lots to find solutions for.

After all that, to me, the image on this tv is far superior to my dads Q90R from last year on HDR. I think I need to play with the settings on his again as that just should not be the case. ;) When it works its stunning... to me.
I 'fixed' most of those niggles by buying an Nvidia Shield Pro, as I don't watch live TV. Still haven't found a way to re-order the sources or even hide unwanted sources. Might have to try HDR Vivid rather than HDR Game Mode as I agree the image is a bit dull in that mode.
Do ye notice any lag by using HDR Vivid as opposed to HDR Game?

mykyl66

Standard Member
No noticable lag for me.

Just had another weird issue. Sound gradually gets quieter and quieter. Was fine at 10 now barely loud enough at near 50. Thats both through the tv speakers and sent externally to my sound bar. Wish the software was as good as the picture. sigh.

Had to go and turnoff then on again all sound features to sort it out. Crazy. Its like its not noticing that when I switch off do not auto adjust the volume, it carries on and does it anyway. hmmmmm.

Last edited:

mykyl66

Standard Member
Another issue. HDR does not seem to trigger on with the amazon prime video app.
Might be a setting I'm missing...

I also noticed using dolby vision bright it was best to reduce video contrast to around 96. That allowed hidden detail in the clouds in a scene that I was watching that showed up when using dolby vision dark without losing any other details. so now I have extra detail in the heights as well as shadows.

mykyl66

Standard Member
Anyone know what the non Currys version of the pus9005 is? There is not much info out there regarding the 9005 when researching settings etc that others are using.

abs

Anyone know what the non Currys version of the pus9005 is? There is not much info out there regarding the 9005 when researching settings etc that others are using.
I didn't think there was another version of the 9005, the Philips site doesn't mention any other variation.

Last edited:

Dalesdator

Novice Member
Bought it yesterday, 70". Blown away by the image quality in hdr 4k after some tweaking of the settings.View attachment 1388535
Wonderful. I just bought this 70" but it will be delivered in a little bit more than a week. I still can't decide if I should go with this deal or if I should see if there is any 65" OLED TV on black friday for a couple of 100 bucks more.

But good to see you're happy. It gives me some confidence that I will be happy with my choice, if I stick with it. The only thing I don't like about this TV is the bezel and the color of it.

Would you mind sharing your settings btw?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

Sean Connery: James Bond icon dies aged 90
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Anthem launches latest AV receivers, processors and amplifiers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim and Focal discount premium music systems
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett