PUS9005 Ambilight+Hue issues after update

Hi,

I’ve just checked and it looks like they downgraded your TV to a version released on July 1st 2020.

Be aware, people that doesn’t have a 2019 TV with a firmware starting with TPM191E_001.004.* shouldn’t try to use this one.

so you cant connect a bulb in the bottom center of the tv ? omg they cant do anything right?do you imagine they release a new firmware and let it with 9 lights?

Hi guys, i got a solution from philips here in the Netherlands!
They sent me an forced update and now my lights sync perfectly, and in the hue app it says that the light are being synced again.
Only 2 problems: The maximum light count is 9 for some reason now, and you cant assign lights to the under middle side of the screen because the dot is gone for selecting that part.
The instruction video:
The link: Box
Small disclaimer!!! i dont know if this update is made speciffically for my tv (58pus7304) but it seems generic.

hope it helps, and philips fixes the small problems too

Thanks for this mate.
i just followed the steps and it worked perfect, i dont know if its relevant but i’m also from the netherlands. Now all is good. No lag, colours match. All good.
my tv model is 65pus7354/12. I think it did a downgrade. The bottom dot is gone like you said, other than that everything works. Hue app also show sync now. I also have more ambilght modes now (comfort,relaxed,soccer), never had these modes before.
thanks again

Thanks for this mate.
i just followed the steps and it worked perfect, i dont know if its relevant but i’m also from the netherlands. Now all is good. No lag, colours match. All good.
my tv model is 65pus7354/12. I think it did a downgrade. The bottom dot is gone like you said, other than that everything works. Hue app also show sync now. I also have more ambilght modes now (comfort,relaxed,soccer), never had these modes before.
thanks again

Did you do anything else other than downgrading your tv and reset it?
Anything with the hub or bulbs?

Great news that the 2019’s Model have a fix.

Thanks.

Did you do anything else other than downgrading your tv and reset it?
Anything with the hub or bulbs?

Great news that the 2019’s Model have a fix.

No mate, nothing else. Downgrade and reset (exactly as in the video), then setup the bridge and lights (and all your other settings) thats it.

personally i will wait for a new firmware i hope that they will release one soon i dont want to install this one and dont have bottom center light

so you cant connect a bulb in the bottom center of the tv ? omg they cant do anything right?do you imagine they release a new firmware and let it with 9 lights?
Update: after the forced update i got an normal update later in the day that fixed my 2 problems, now it works perfectly!

Update: after the forced update i got an normal update later in the day that fixed my 2 problems, now it works perfectly!
For me the same.
did you also notice that the "normal update" you did, updated to version "101.001.208.001" and not to version "101.001.250.003" which is the latest?(where our problems began)
it won’t update to the (broken)latest version for me,only the version before the latest.(which worked good with ambi+hue)
But the weird thing is, as soon as i turned off my tv. And then back on again it stopped working again for me. Again the same problems and no sync message in hue app. in the past this version (101.001.208.001) worked perfect.
i downgraded again and again all good now
Very strange

My tv now uses version 101.001.123.008 and i turned automatic updates off just in case, haven't had any problems yet. i think your tv updated when it was in standby!

i tried to do it too.now my tv has the version 101.001.123.008 but the same problems and no sync message in hue app.

i tried to do it too.now my tv has the version 101.001.123.008 but the same problems and no sync message in hue app.
Here also the same,
if you look for an update now it will install version 101.001.208.001. That version used to work but now that one isnt working also. So i basically tried all software versions that the tv had at this monent, and the only version that works is the downgrade vrsion that was posted here. All other versions don’t work for me anymore.

so hollander is it working for you or not?you wrote that "i downgraded again and again all good now" and now you say that it doesnt work

My tv now uses version 101.001.123.008 and i turned automatic updates off just in case, haven't had any problems yet. i think your tv updated when it was in standby!
are you sure that it is working ?

so hollander is it working for you or not?you wrote that "i downgraded again and again all good now" and now you say that it doesnt wo
so hollander is it working for you or not?you wrote that "i downgraded again and again all good now" and now you say that it doesnt work
It is working for me now because i downgraded back to the first version. I tried all versions that came after that and none of them worked for me, so went all back to first version (usb method) and only that works.

It is working for me now because i downgraded back to the first version. I tried all versions that came after that and none of them worked for me, so went all back to first version (usb method) and only that works.
the one with the bottom center dot missing?
remind me your tv model.plz

Been away with work for a couple of weeks but great news with the current work around, I called Philips a couple of times while away and got the stock answer of "we're waiting for an update from our development team"... to ask a completely noob question where is the best place to get previous firmware versions?

Been away with work for a couple of weeks but great news with the current work around, I called Philips a couple of times while away and got the stock answer of "we're waiting for an update from our development team"... to ask a completely noob question where is the best place to get previous firmware versions?

The best place I found is Philips TV Firmware Archiv / Previous Firmware Versions - Toengels Philips Blog

You should use Chrome to get a translated version of the website. Just scroll down an found the good “upgrade_loader”.
Check you have a compatible model and follow the procedure like the one on the video that is on that thread few post before.

The best place I found is Philips TV Firmware Archiv / Previous Firmware Versions - Toengels Philips Blog

You should use Chrome to get a translated version of the website. Just scroll down an found the good “upgrade_loader”.
Check you have a compatible model and follow the procedure like the one on the video that is on that thread few post before.
Spot on, literally just stumbled on this one, think giving it a go is the way forward considering the current support level.

Hmmmm can't seem to get mine to kick into forced update... tried 2 different usb sticks, both between 2gb and 32gb, both fat32, using the usb 2 port on the tv. I've followed instructions precisely but the tv just turns back on, then loads up as normal... anyone any suggestions of what kind of stupid i'm being?

Tried various firmware but not work, when the tv is loaded it recognises that a usb is inserted.

I love the ambilight but Philips really are a shower of sh^t when it comes to support.

Hmmmm can't seem to get mine to kick into forced update... tried 2 different usb sticks, both between 2gb and 32gb, both fat32, using the usb 2 port on the tv. I've followed instructions precisely but the tv just turns back on, then loads up as normal... anyone any suggestions of what kind of stupid i'm being?

Tried various firmware but not work, when the tv is loaded it recognises that a usb is inserted.

I love the ambilight but Philips really are a shower of sh^t when it comes to support.
are you waiting for the installation to begin automatically after you instert the usb ,or you must open the tv from the remote control first?

are you waiting for the installation to begin automatically after you instert the usb ,or you must open the tv from the remote control first?
Hey

I unplug the tv first while it's turned on, then insert the usb stick. I plug the tv back in and it turns on without the remote. The tv then boots as normal but does not try and install the firmware on the usb, it just starts as it should.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom