PUS8505 Netflix & Atmos

craigj

I posted this on the main thread for this TV but just creating a new thread in case some folks are not following that anymore.... Can somebody confirm that Dolby Atmos still works with Netflix? I got a fix from Philips for the Freeview apps not working but now although the TV says Dolby Atmos, the Amp (Sony STR-DN1080) just says Dolby Digital +, when it should then come up and say DAtmos (Which is does if I play Atmos content from my Kodi box) - Im sure this worked pre the latest upgrade they sent through. Im about to call Argos and get them to pick the TV up for a refund as its inside it's 30 days....

JK247

I posted this on the main thread for this TV but just creating a new thread in case some folks are not following that anymore.... Can somebody confirm that Dolby Atmos still works with Netflix? I got a fix from Philips for the Freeview apps not working but now although the TV says Dolby Atmos, the Amp (Sony STR-DN1080) just says Dolby Digital +, when it should then come up and say DAtmos (Which is does if I play Atmos content from my Kodi box) - Im sure this worked pre the latest upgrade they sent through. Im about to call Argos and get them to pick the TV up for a refund as its inside it's 30 days....
I don't do Atmos but I can confirm the latest firmware has broken digital surrounds sound output from the TV. Prior to the latest firmware update from Philips, my receiver used to passthrough 5.1 digital surrounds sound from Kodi. Now It can only output PCM 2 channel stereo, which is a shame.

craigj

I did a reset on my amp and it started working again, suspect it’s something to do with CEC

JK247

You could be on to something here. I once had issues with up address and internet connection which made me spend days resetting my TV. It was only when I reset my internet modem that solved the problem. I will reset my receiver and get back to you.

JK247

It appears the reset works. I just reset my AV Receiver and kodi now output surround sounds. I will try and put it to extensive test and update you.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom