PUS7805 settings..

Dayman

Novice Member
Hey guys. I have had all the same problems with colour banding, artifacts, purple shadows etc on my 70pus7855, but i managed to improve it alot by increasing brightness and turning dynamic contrast on max. here are my settings, hope it works for you guys aswell :)

Colour: 100
Backlight contrast: 0
Sharpness: 0
Brightness: 63

Color enhancement: max
Color temperature: cold
White point alignment: Red: 109, Green: 104, Blue: 127
Contrast mode: off
Dynamic contrast: max
Video contrast: 86
Gamma: +4
Ultra Resolution: off
Noise reduction: off
MPEG artefact reduction: off

finski

Novice Member
These are my "pleasant to watch" settings for 43PUS7805, which is with VA panel. Ambilight is on standard, but with brightness only 5/10. The room is a bit dim, but not dark.

I do use Nvidia Shield which outputs everything 4K60hz and doesn't support HDR10+. Standard and Dolby was easy to set, but HDR10 was initially very gray and dark. I did almost gave up hope with that one, but luckily I didn't.

StandardHDR10Dolby Vision
ModeMovieHDR VividDolby Dark
Color508050
Backlight50100100
Sharpness333
Brightness505040
Color enhancementoffoff-
Color tempwarmwarmwarm
Contrast modeoffoff-
HDR+-Auto-
Video contrast9010090
Gamma200
Ultra resolutionoffoffoff
Motionmoviemoviemovie

Edit: Now I got much better HDR10 setting with more reliable source material. My previous test material didn't actually have stable blacks.

Last edited:

Giogiotheking

Novice Member
Hello Everyone, i've read it all the comments in this topic and i realize there is some problems with the quality of the images.
I don't have this TV but i'll probably gonna buy it, and my question is, it's worth to buy it? or not.
Now on Amazon costs about 500€

JelGo

Novice Member
These are my "pleasant to watch" settings for 43PUS7805, which is with VA panel. Ambilight is on standard, but with brightness only 5/10. The room is a bit dim, but not dark.

I do use Nvidia Shield which outputs everything 4K60hz and doesn't support HDR10+. Standard and Dolby was easy to set, but HDR10 was initially very gray and dark. I did almost gave up hope with that one, but luckily I didn't.

StandardHDR10Dolby Vision
ModeMovieHDR VividDolby Dark
Color508050
Backlight50100100
Sharpness333
Brightness505040
Color enhancementoffoff-
Color tempwarmwarmwarm
Contrast modeoffoff-
HDR+-Auto-
Video contrast9010090
Gamma200
Ultra resolutionoffoffoff
Motionmoviemoviemovie

Edit: Now I got much better HDR10 setting with more reliable source material. My previous test material didn't actually have stable blacks.
This is indeed one of the best settings.
I have Some problems with Standard settings: the blacks aren’t that good (in a dark room. Still some artefacts in black colours). with gamma on +4 it is a bit better in my opinion, but you lose some detailed other colours.

Thanks for your settings!

JelGo

Novice Member
Hello Everyone, i've read it all the comments in this topic and i realize there is some problems with the quality of the images.
I don't have this TV but i'll probably gonna buy it, and my question is, it's worth to buy it? or not.
Now on Amazon costs about 500€
I wouldn’t do it to be honest. Yes the ambilight is cool, but to be honest, the image quality isn’t really good. The software itself is really bad also.

Frankyve85

Novice Member
today arrived my 65pus7805, i was torned between this one and the 65pus6754. i chose the 7805 because it was the newer one and i thought, well, newer would be better right? Well, i never seen the 6754 in real life but i was a little shocked at the amount of light bleed this screen has. coming from a medion tv ( 55 inch, hdr and dolby vision) i wanted a step up in size. But i'm i pretty disapointed in the overall image quality, espacially compared to the budget medion. The philips is overall brighter and has ambilight, but thus far that's about the only positive things i can say about it.

All my findings are based on one day setting up and tinkering with the settings.
I use an xbox one x as 4k bluray player. ---> hdr looks dull, mostly washed out colors
xbox one x netflix app dolby vision --->looks pretty decent on dv bright or dark, more "color pop" then hdr.
xbox one x amazon prime ------> seem to get only sdr to work. even if uncheck dolby vision in the xbox settings.
xbox gaming net yet tried

saphi pretty okay so far, not good, not bad ;-)

if i watch a dolby vision show through the saphi netflix app it looks terrible on the saame settings that looks pretty decent on the xbox one x. terrible colors, blacks and grey's are awful. pretty much the same if when i whatch a 4k hdr bluray with the xbox.

so thus far off to a bad start, i give this tv a few days but as of now i think it's going back to seller.
below is a picture which shows the lightbleed when playing 4k bluray. Mayby it's normal with this tv, i don't know.?

Attachments

• 2021-06-10 22.29.16.jpg
    2021-06-10 22.29.16.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 50
  • 2021-06-10 22.29.25.jpg
    2021-06-10 22.29.25.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 49

markfawcett

today arrived my 65pus7805, i was torned between this one and the 65pus6754. i chose the 7805 because it was the newer one and i thought, well, newer would be better right? Well, i never seen the 6754 in real life but i was a little shocked at the amount of light bleed this screen has. coming from a medion tv ( 55 inch, hdr and dolby vision) i wanted a step up in size. But i'm i pretty disapointed in the overall image quality, espacially compared to the budget medion. The philips is overall brighter and has ambilight, but thus far that's about the only positive things i can say about it.

All my findings are based on one day setting up and tinkering with the settings.
I use an xbox one x as 4k bluray player. ---> hdr looks dull, mostly washed out colors
xbox one x netflix app dolby vision --->looks pretty decent on dv bright or dark, more "color pop" then hdr.
xbox one x amazon prime ------> seem to get only sdr to work. even if uncheck dolby vision in the xbox settings.
xbox gaming net yet tried

saphi pretty okay so far, not good, not bad ;-)

if i watch a dolby vision show through the saphi netflix app it looks terrible on the saame settings that looks pretty decent on the xbox one x. terrible colors, blacks and grey's are awful. pretty much the same if when i whatch a 4k hdr bluray with the xbox.

so thus far off to a bad start, i give this tv a few days but as of now i think it's going back to seller.
below is a picture which shows the lightbleed when playing 4k bluray. Mayby it's normal with this tv, i don't know.?
What’s your Backlight Contrast set to? It looks to be way too high.

Frankyve85

Novice Member
What’s your Backlight Contrast set to? It looks to be way too high.
backlight contrast for most sdr is around 45
for use as monitor its around 10
both dolby vision bright and dark are 50. ( default settings?)
for hdr10 and hdr10+ its set to 100 by default.

as of now a experience the most difficulties with hdr and hdr10, bright scenes look okay, but darker scenes just doesn't looks good. If i lower the backlight contrast when in hdr the picture even gets darker.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom