PUS7304 Video Calibration Information

MikeKL

Standard Member
Reaction score
Thread created in attempt to provide central information on available Picture Styles and retained Calibration settings for each Picture Style. Which may be downloaded and tweaked/customised, as I plan to include copy of spreadsheet in this thread. Following is taster of A4 Printable spreadsheet layout.

wF2ZlMp.png

Note: As far as I am aware with exception of Personal SDR settings "values" which I have adjusted to my current liking the other recorded values are factory settings for my 55PUS7304/12 IPS TV.

Please note as per 7304 series User Manual, See Pages 45-47 I believe that for majority of TV Owners modifying “Personal” Picture Style for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision Video Sources is most sensible approach as these are separately saved and retained for consistent use with SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision video source material, regardless of HDMI Input, TV Channel, Android App if I understand manual correctly. Which is not case for majority of other Picture Styles adjusted by users on the fly.

Perhaps with exception of SDR and HDR ISF Day and ISF Night Picture Style settings where I am aware we can applying additional very detailed tweaks, which are more advanced options which I have not currently included.

To support visual review of Picture Style settings and personal adjustments; internet search “kodi wiki video samples” provides useful links to a comprehensive selection of video source samples to download and then utilise during visual check of our Personal Picture Style applied settings. I currently store local copies on NAS and then use TV to directly access NAS and play via TV's Internal Video player to avoid other variables.

I have prepared thread with thought to keep 1st few posts within thread up-to date with most useful settings information and additional tips/tricks for PUS7304. Let’s see how thread develops over time. Feedback appreciated.

I would like to see some professional calibration settings for the VA panels. I had a pus7502 with calibration settings from Darko before I bought the pus7304. The 7304 VA panel is hard to calibrate without any calibration tools...

Thread created in attempt to provide central information on available Picture Styles and retained Calibration settings for each Picture Style. Which may be downloaded and tweaked/customised, as I plan to include copy of spreadsheet in this thread. Following is taster of A4 Printable spreadsheet layout.

wF2ZlMp.png

Note: As far as I am aware with exception of Personal SDR settings "values" which I have adjusted to my current liking the other recorded values are factory settings for my 55PUS7304/12 IPS TV.

Please note as per 7304 series User Manual, See Pages 45-47 I believe that for majority of TV Owners modifying “Personal” Picture Style for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision Video Sources is most sensible approach as these are separately saved and retained for consistent use with SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision video source material, regardless of HDMI Input, TV Channel, Android App if I understand manual correctly. Which is not case for majority of other Picture Styles adjusted by users on the fly.

Perhaps with exception of SDR and HDR ISF Day and ISF Night Picture Style settings where I am aware we can applying additional very detailed tweaks, which are more advanced options which I have not currently included.

To support visual review of Picture Style settings and personal adjustments; internet search “kodi wiki video samples” provides useful links to a comprehensive selection of video source samples to download and then utilise during visual check of our Personal Picture Style applied settings. I currently store local copies on NAS and then use TV to directly access NAS and play via TV's Internal Video player to avoid other variables.

I have prepared thread with thought to keep 1st few posts within thread up-to date with most useful settings information and additional tips/tricks for PUS7304. Let’s see how thread develops over time. Feedback appreciated.

Great information. I own a 7304 with IPS panel and would very much appreciate any tips and trix I can get :)

Looking for settings for 65pus7304 and can't find any.
Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Hello MikeKL,

First thanks for all the settings information. I have the same tv as you but i dont know how to edit Dolby Vision configurations from TV : it is impossible to change for me. (these boxes are grayed out)
Thanks you for explain me how to modify these settings please ?

@Fabou86 Not at home right now, but from memory you need to supply suitable dolby vision file to play on TV (e.g. via usb stick connected to TV) Following url provides an example that should be instantly recognised as dolby vision and thus greyed out adjustment options, should become available and editable.

@Fabou86 Not at home right now, but from memory you need to supply suitable dolby vision file to play on TV (e.g. via usb stick connected to TV) Following url provides an example that should be instantly recognised as dolby vision and thus greyed out adjustment options, should become available and editable.

The Dolby vision option has a number of settings within it that are greyed out - so providing a file to play will only allow you to select DV, not adjust the settings.

for example - auto contrast is greyed out but is clearly on as if you play a movie in DV (for example, the new lord of the rings 4k) it adjusts the contrast to very high in dark scenes, washing out the colour.
We need a way to unlock these settings.
Is there an internal unlock code that allows adjustments to be made?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom