PUS6754 collaboration

Charley Dinkumer

Novice Member
Hi. xsc.. I have the 50 inch version and the pic is for the price great.
First check the software version ends in 166.001. If not then connect TV to the internet so it can update itself, or you can do the update with a usb stick. Once updated do a reset to factory settings and then unplug/disconnect the tv from the power supply for 10minutes. On restart the picture should now be excellent. It's worth noting that each input (Hdmi 1-3, usb, broadcast tuners, and sd/hd) have their own settings (not obvious from the menus) so you can adjust each to taste. Hope that helps.

xRegx

Novice Member
Hello,

I have the 55inch model had it just under a year and I am getting what I would consider to be really bad back light bleed. Philips don't seem to think it's a problem but my wife & I find it really distracting. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20201010_194153__01.jpg
    IMG_20201010_194153__01.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20201010_200446__02.jpg
    IMG_20201010_200446__02.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 74

TheGamer147

I've noticed that after the latest firmware I'm getting really band handing in YT when watching playstation videos on the playstation blue background

Hi. xsc.. I have the 50 inch version and the pic is for the price great.
First check the software version ends in 166.001. If not then connect TV to the internet so it can update itself, or you can do the update with a usb stick. Once updated do a reset to factory settings and then unplug/disconnect the tv from the power supply for 10minutes. On restart the picture should now be excellent. It's worth noting that each input (Hdmi 1-3, usb, broadcast tuners, and sd/hd) have their own settings (not obvious from the menus) so you can adjust each to taste. Hope that helps.
Was the update really such a great improvement for you? What were the major improvements?

I have made a new entry for the Philips 43PUS6754/12 here:
Share settings Philips 43PUS6754 - 4K TV

Last edited:

Charley Dinkumer

Novice Member
Was the update really such a great improvement for you? What were the major improvements?

I have made a new entry for the Philips 43PUS6754/12 here:
Share settings Philips 43PUS6754 - 4K TV
Hi. It provided calibrated settings for all the picture modes/inputs. Result was no need to mess with the settings to get a cracking picture. Black levels on the 50" VA panel are close to OLED and 4K HDR is amazing. (Other models like the 55" are not VA and IMO not as good.)

DeusXM

Hello,

I have the 55inch model had it just under a year and I am getting what I would consider to be really bad back light bleed. Philips don't seem to think it's a problem but my wife & I find it really distracting. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Thank you.
Mine's got backlight bleed in the exact same places as yours, so I suspect this is effectively a 'feature'.

For me it's only noticeable on scenes where the majority of screen is black (eg. movie intros where there' just some white text saying "A [self-indulgent director] film".

I have this TV (Philips 6700 series PUS6754) and the newest firmware ( TPM196E_091.004.027.011 of 05/09/2021) ruined a lot. :-(

Finding the rollback software wasn't that easy, but I did it, with a bit of guesswork.

UPDATE:
The version I downloaded was named 091.003.255.001 but is was in fact the sh*tty version 091.004.027.011, and I can't find 091.003.255.001 anymore. So now I can not rollback. :-(

I am trying to get the 091.003.255.001 version, if someone has it or a link to it, please share.

Here is the link to the version of January 12, 2021, the one that had the best firmware-colors so far:

Put on a USB disk and reinstall.

(It may be German, I don't know)

I know that there may be security fixes in new versions, but a good image is very important to me. I get the TV from the internet and now only use Kodi and Apple TV, etc. Everyone has to decide for themselves.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Charley Dinkumer

Novice Member
Just tried the TPM196E_091.004.027.011 and yes on HDR inputs blacks are crushed and colors pallid, so back I go to 255.1. Thanks for the info!

Dear Charley, could you please share the software with me? The version I downloaded was named 091.003.255.001 but is was in fact the sh*tty version 091.004.027.011, and I can't find 091.003.255.001 anymore. So now I can not rollback. :-(

I think Philips does not support roll-back to older versions. That is also what they told me in a chat session.

There is another German website called Toengel. I asked them to make 091.003.255.001 available. They did, but it is somewhat more hassle.

Here is also an English manual:

Find the software here:

CHECK SCREENSHOT IF YOU DON'T SPEAK GERMAN :)

Attachments

• Philips TV software Toengel.de.png
    Philips TV software Toengel.de.png
    357.8 KB · Views: 24

Charley Dinkumer

Novice Member
For anyone else thinking of upgrading to 091.004.027.011 my results were very poor - (see my earlier post). To get back to a good picture I then installed (downgraded) 091.003.255.001 and after a factory reset and 10 minute power off the picture is great. Oddly the TV still reports the new version but who cares.

Falum

Standard Member
Just found this thread. Got the 55 inch 6754 and getting a black screen randomly after about an hours use. Going to try the downgrade to 097.003.255.001 as I'm sure it's started since the most recent upgrade. Wish me luck!

Charley Dinkumer

Novice Member
Hi Falum. It could very well be heat that's the problem - these TV's need proper space around the set for air flow to keep the electronics cool. It could also be a HDMI cable that is not fully inserted or poor quality. Worth checking before down grading.

arturo01

Novice Member
For anyone else thinking of upgrading to 091.004.027.011 my results were very poor - (see my earlier post). To get back to a good picture I then installed (downgraded) 091.003.255.001 and after a factory reset and 10 minute power off the picture is great. Oddly the TV still reports the new version but who cares.
Helo, can i ask a question with downgrade with .pkg file? Let's say we have uploaded the .pkg file of version 0.98. After installing, does the version of the TV stay as 0.98 or can we install a lower version? Or let's say there is the current version 0.98 on TV. Can I install the .pkg file of 002 on the TV if I am the previous version on the Toengel site?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom