PUS 8536 Subtitles / Digital Text / IPTV not working

RDJ379

Novice Member
Hi.

We are using a 43PUS8536 which was purchased just a few weeks ago. However despite fiddling with all the settings, we cannot get any subtitles to appear when toggling subtitles on - digital text isn’t working on any channel and the IPTV channels (e.g. Channelbox) refuse to work also.

I can’t see what can be the issue, and I’m especially confused as to why even subtitles won’t work.

Can anyone provide any suggestions as to how we can fix this issue?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Did you read page 15 of your user manual?
Try a software update.
If all else fails do a reset.

RDJ379

Novice Member
No luck unfortunately after updating and resetting and updating again. Though subtitles now seem to work on non-HD channels only. I suppose it’s not the end of the world should the IPTV services or Digital Text services not work, but very annoying as there’s no reason why they shouldn’t.

Also, none of the TV player apps (e.g. BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4) will work at the same time as you record something to USB. That’s quite inconvenient as you’re stuck to watching what you are recording and nothing else. Any ideas on how to combat this either?

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom