PUS 6754/6704 55"-75" EXPERIENCES

MouzeyBlazey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Since there has been so little talk about PUS6754 last 6 months so i would like to make this thread so we can share our experiences with this fine TV model.

My experiences:

My model is 55".
When i bought this TV about a year ago i was struggling to get the right settings for watching movies (SHD and UHD, HDR , DOLBY...etc) and for PS4 gaming.

But luckily there was alot of people here to share settings for everyone to get the right one. I have been resetting the TV few times in the last year, so i had to redo my settings. Fortunately i was getting better adjusting the settings, so i didnt need too much help from the internet.

Generally i have been very happy with the TV. I live in a small 22 square apartment so actually the TV feels very big and it is perfect on my wall!

There has been few updates along the road and the TV feels much better IMO right now i dont know exactly what all improvements there has been but somehow even the picture and settings feel better along the UI handling performance what had problems before the new patches.

PS4 gaming runs great and looks gorgeus on normal GAME mode and HDR-GAME mode. Good settings i found from this forum a guy named SHAYDOKEN, he has youtube videos also where you can look his settings. The settings are good and i tweaked them a littlebit for my taste. (TIP: If you use alot of color enchantments and dynamic contrast like i do in HDR-gaming, put all settings in WHITEPOINT ALIGNEMENT to MAXIMUM, and start tweaking GREEN-WP to about 110 and GREEN-BL to 5. This way you will get that disturbing greensih tint away and looking much more natural.) I love especially how the colors pop beautifully with these settings.

When im Watching TV, im using mostly the STANDARD present tweaked, i find it easiest to set and is reliable with everything from movies to TV-shows.

Now im going to share my STANDARD present settings:

COLOR: 70
CONTRAST: 80
SHARPNESS: 0
BRIGHTNESS: 48
COLOR ENCHANTMENT: OFF
COLOR TEMP: WARM
WHITE POINT ALIGNEMENT: ALL TO MAX
CONTRAST MODE: OFF
DYNAMIC CONTRAST: OFF
VIDEO CONTRAST: 100
GAMMA: +2
ULTRA RESOLUTION: OFF
NOISE REDUCTION: OFF
MPEG ARTEFACT REDUCTION: OFF
MOTION STYLE: PERSONAL
NATURAL MOTION: OFF

I have been pretty happy with these settings but i know there can be improvement because since last reset i put these settings pretty much with gut feeling.

Hmm, what else... Again, i have been very happy with the TV, it runs great, it looks great, it feels great, its quick enough for me.

I tried CAM-card reader and it works great to be mentioned... and i have been watching few movies from 7 GB cheap-ass USB stick and it works perfectly and fast, its pretty neat feature AND if you want subtitles to the movie clips you watch from USB just put the SUBTITLE file to same folder and name it exatly same as the MOVIE file and add ".srt" to the end of the name of subtitle file and it works automatically.

I guess that is all. I can add later my gaming settings and HDR-gaming settings.

Please share your experiences!
What is your sweet spot in the settings? Please share!

:)

Btw: New software update has been released. (12 January 2021)

Last edited:
Hi!

Since there has been so little talk about PUS6754 last 6 months so i would like to make this thread so we can share our experiences with this fine TV model.

My experiences:

My model is 55".
When i bought this TV about a year ago i was struggling to get the right settings for watching movies (SHD and UHD, HDR , DOLBY...etc) and for PS4 gaming.

But luckily there was alot of people here to share settings for everyone to get the right one. I have been resetting the TV few times in the last year, so i had to redo my settings. Fortunately i was getting better adjusting the settings, so i didnt need too much help from the internet.

Generally i have been very happy with the TV. I live in a small 22 square apartment so actually the TV feels very big and it is perfect on my wall!

There has been few updates along the road and the TV feels much better IMO right now i dont know exactly what all improvements there has been but somehow even the picture and settings feel better along the UI handling performance what had problems before the new patches.

PS4 gaming runs great and looks gorgeus on normal GAME mode and HDR-GAME mode. Good settings i found from this forum a guy named SHAYDOKEN, he has youtube videos also where you can look his settings. The settings are good and i tweaked them a littlebit for my taste. (TIP: If you use alot of color enchantments and dynamic contrast like i do in HDR-gaming, put all settings in WHITEPOINT ALIGNEMENT to MAXIMUM, and start tweaking GREEN-WP to about 110 and GREEN-BL to 5. This way you will get that disturbing greensih tint away and looking much more natural.) I love especially how the colors pop beautifully with these settings.

When im Watching TV, im using mostly the STANDARD present tweaked, i find it easiest to set and is reliable with everything from movies to TV-shows.

Now im going to share my STANDARD present settings:

COLOR: 70
CONTRAST: 80
SHARPNESS: 0
BRIGHTNESS: 48
COLOR ENCHANTMENT: OFF
COLOR TEMP: WARM
WHITE POINT ALIGNEMENT: ALL TO MAX
CONTRAST MODE: OFF
DYNAMIC CONTRAST: OFF
VIDEO CONTRAST: 100
GAMMA: +2
ULTRA RESOLUTION: OFF
NOISE REDUCTION: OFF
MPEG ARTEFACT REDUCTION: OFF
MOTION STYLE: PERSONAL
NATURAL MOTION: OFF

I have been pretty happy with these settings but i know there can be improvement because since last reset i put these settings pretty much with gut feeling.

Hmm, what else... Again, i have been very happy with the TV, it runs great, it looks great, it feels great, its quick enough for me.

I tried CAM-card reader and it works great to be mentioned... and i have been watching few movies from 7 GB cheap-ass USB stick and it works perfectly and fast, its pretty neat feature AND if you want subtitles to the movie clips you watch from USB just put the SUBTITLE file to same folder and name it exatly same as the MOVIE file and add ".srt" to the end of the name of subtitle file and it works automatically.

I guess that is all. I can add later my gaming settings and HDR-gaming settings.

Please share your experiences!
What is your sweet spot in the settings? Please share!

:)

Btw: New software update has been released. (12 January 2021)
Same honestly I have the 55PUS6754 sometimes the back-light bleed can be annoying but with ambilight and the micro dimming it honestly makes an improvement and I dont mind it. I took ages calibrating my tv from different fourms and a Spanish guys review and calibration its perfect now. I'm so happy with it and it's so good value. I don't think I would ever buy another TV from a different company as ambilight is so immersive everyone that comes around has a wow factor. The best TV would obviously be the oled ones but there leds one are fantastic and off such great value. People always complain because they don't know how to calibrate and with budget tvs that is a must. Honestly so happy with my tv and off such great value. Philips has many awards too and wasn't even known back in the days. I hate people who say it isn't true HDR but it is, if ur too lazy to get the most out of ur TV then go for the expensive ones that are already calibrated. I play ps4 to watching movies and series and the picture quality is amazing. And the sound quality on the TV speakers are amazing usually sound from TV speakers is really shit and flat but the philips has really great speakers compared to others. Obviously a sound bar is better. The TV is jam packed with features and it's a shame some people don't realise it. Only bad thing is the ips black levels but it is improved a lot by the TV and it doesn't hurt to turn on a lamp too if u really can't stand it lol. Overall a fantastic purchase and really happy with it.

my mum has this TV, it's been demoted to the back bedroom, it is absolutely garbage.
First you get a cheaper than average TV then perhaps don't have the time to calibrate it properly cos ur lazy and then complain and say its crap and shit like I said before if you don't know how to get value out of cheaper tvs then go for the already calibrated ones aka more expensive tvs. Doubt u or your mum knows how to calibrate it just follow people's settings they have given and it should be perfect smh.

First you get a cheaper than average TV then perhaps don't have the time to calibrate it properly cos ur lazy and then complain and say its crap and sh*t like I said before if you don't know how to get value out of cheaper tvs then go for the already calibrated ones aka more expensive tvs. Doubt u or your mum knows how to calibrate it just follow people's settings they have given and it should be perfect smh.
I have tried 20 different settings, all crap, buy cheap, buy twice

I have tried 20 different settings, all crap, buy cheap, buy twice
I've helped bare people with their TV and they ain't got a problem just you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try again, see what happens, if it is passable, I will admit it and apologise for being hasty

I will try again, see what happens, if it is passable, I will admit it and apologise for being hasty
Do u want me to post my calibrations specifically or have u seen them already

my mum will watch basic TV mate, plus she likes YouTube and netflix. hdr and gaming are not a problem as not needed

I have this TV (Philips 6700 series PUS6754) and was quite unhappy with the colors. Blurred image and poor dark colors.

Then version TPM196E_091.003.255.001 came out, on 01/12/2021, and that changed a lot for the better. It was far from perfect, but this TV will never be able to. It was much better.

Unfortunately, TPM196E_091.004.027.011 of 05/09/2021 ruined a lot again. :-(

Finding the rollback software wasn't that easy, but I did it, with a bit of guesswork. Maybe there are more people who want this:

UPDATE:
The version I downloaded was named 091.003.255.001 but is was in fact the sh*tty version 091.004.027.011, and I can't find 091.003.255.001 anymore. So now I can not rollback. :-(

I am trying to get the 091.003.255.001 version, if someone has it or a link to it, please share.

-----------------

Here is the link to the version of January 12, 2021:

Put on a USB disk and reinstall.

I know that there may be security fixes in new versions, but a good image is very important to me. I get the TV from the internet and now only use Kodi and Apple TV, etc. Everyone has to decide for themselves.

Good luck.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom