1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

purveyors of quality american tv - bad news...

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by gargoyle, Mar 26, 2005.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Third watch has now been cancelled - a seventh series will not be made (according to cnn).
    Its bad news in america, but at least they have had the luxery of being able to watch the bulk of the series unlike the poor brits who have to put up with channel 4's intermittent showings - nypd blue has also come to an end but being as its shown on c4, whats the chances that c4'll even be bothered to show the remaining episodes? Oh well, I suppose that they'll do what they always do - make sure that we get triple helpings of listings shows, more crappy late night quiz shows no-one'll watch and no doubt, repeats of eurotrash before we get a showing of these quality imports.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    That's too bad about Third Watch although six seasons is a good run for any drama.
    To be honest recent cast changes haven't really done the business in my opinion but I suppose it's the easiest method to keep things fresh and evolve other charcters in a show that is based in a real enviroment.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I can't believe "Third Watch" has ended now! :mad: :( This is bad news. However, at least C4 have no excuse to not show the final season, and maybe this will be the excuse that Warners need to release all six seasons on DVD anywhere in the world, for those of us who want to see the show again, uncut, uncensored and without logos and adverts!

As for "NYPD Blue", I knew that Season 12 was going to be the last, but at least it's better for such a long-running show to go out on a high, than be dragged kicking and screaming into the cells, for one, last final all-out confrontation.

C4 still claim that they have the rights to air Season 10, but when and if we in the UK will ever see this, or Seasons 11 and 12, is anyone's guess. C4 staff still come up with the same old excuse: "We do have the rights, but we never announce a schedule more than two weeks in advance" and/or "We do have the rights, but there isn't a suitable slot in the schedules at this time"! :mad:

Personally, I'd keep an eye on the Radio Times or this very lovely website (AV Forums) instead, as I'm sure we the fans fo the show will know more about its comeback, than C4 ever will. (Remember last time? The Radio Times announced its return, nearly a month before C4 would admit they were right!)

Pooch