Purse nicked and a bit of luck.

Lee

Reaction score
A woman had her purse nicked at the place my wife works at. She didn't know about it until the bank phoned her to say that a woman had gone into a bank 30 miles away to try and withdraw some money.

When asked for the pin code the woman said she'd forgot it but said she had some id on her, obviously from the purse.

The bank didn't except it and the when asked questions the woman dropped the purse and ran out.

The bank then said they'll cancel the card and others that are in the purse. They asked security questions and then asked if they should post the purse back or did she want to collect it. She said post it.

When the wife's friend got home and calmed down she thought that posting it wasn't a good idea so rang the bank and they said they didn't contact her! It was the thief that had rang.

Must have been after the pin number which my wifes friend is sure she gave it to them but luckily must have given it out wrong due to no money had been taken.

Some people have a lot of brass neck don't they. Glad it worked out OK

PS - where's your fish's festive hat

PS - where's your fish's festive hat
No festive spirit here until this building site of a house is sorted out.

I'll look for me carp in a hat.

A woman had her purse nicked at the place my wife works at. She didn't know about it until the bank phoned her to say that a woman had gone into a bank 30 miles away to try and withdraw some money.

When asked for the pin code the woman said she'd forgot it but said she had some id on her, obviously from the purse.

The bank didn't except it and the when asked questions the woman dropped the purse and ran out.

The bank then said they'll cancel the card and others that are in the purse. They asked security questions and then asked if they should post the purse back or did she want to collect it. She said post it.

When the wife's friend got home and calmed down she thought that posting it wasn't a good idea so rang the bank and they said they didn't contact her! It was the thief that had rang.

Must have been after the pin number which my wifes friend is sure she gave it to them but luckily must have given it out wrong due to no money had been taken.

I hope she has changed all her security details?

The cheek of some people is quite amazing!

No festive spirit here until this building site of a house is sorted out.

I'll look for me carp in a hat.

I thought you said "I'll look carp in a hat"....

Um sorry :blush:

I hope she has changed all her security details?

The cheek of some people is quite amazing!
She has. Even though they never took her keys she is also having the locks changed.

She has. Even though they never took her keys she is also having the locks changed.
Why?

It should be more widely publicised that banks will never ask for your PIN, over the phone or anyhow else. As soon as you're asked, hang up and report it to the bank and the police. Then dial 1471; you never know, the caller might have been stupid enough to keep Caller ID active.

We actuly caught some scum bag of a woman red handed today at work, dipped hand in an old womans handbag and tried legging it with the purse.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom