Purposefully Delaying PS3 Audio

rynknt

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a way to delay the audio on a PS3? I got a sharp quattron TV (that I plug an HDMI cable straight into) for picture; however, it takes a second for the picture to render. I have a digital optical connected from my PS3 to my speakers. And so the sound comes a little before the picture does. I don't have a receiver and was wondering if there was a way to manually delay the sound when I play Blu-Ray movies so it could match up with the picture?

The PS3 does not have an audio delay feature. Is it possible your TV might?

Either that, or have your PS3 output audio by optical, and have a really really long cable so the sound gets there later.
(btw - a joke that)

I can assume you have an amp as you refereed to your 'speakers' and you are using a separate audio connection.........

the amp may have a delay function, my LG does, if you dont have an amp then there would be no point in using separate cable.........but I think the OP may have misunderstood.........:)

Why is there a delay in the picture getting onto the TV if it's through HDMI from the PS3?
:confused:

My tv does this. Philips tv picture processing means the image shown on screen is delayed compared to the sound. I had optical from ps3 going to my amp . I solved it by routing sound through tv by hdmi and them optical out from tv to amp. Does your tv have optical in/out?? Using hdmi should downs ample the sound but the Philips tv has a known hack which solves this,

My tv does this. Philips tv picture processing means the image shown on screen is delayed compared to the sound. I had optical from ps3 going to my amp . I solved it by routing sound through tv by hdmi and them optical out from tv to amp. Does your tv have optical in/out?? Using hdmi should downs ample the sound but the Philips tv has a known hack which solves this,

So you can hack your TV to pass 5.1 straight through, that's marvellous

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom