Purple Rhapsody (that's me) New CD

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by GingerTez, May 3, 2007.

1. GingerTez

GingerTez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I posted this in General Chat a few weeks ago but I've been advised by PM to post it here too... hope I'm not breaking any rules!

I have a new CD of instrumental music available... I'm not plugging it for people to buy it because you can listen to it all for free on SoundClick.com :smashin: and my main aim is just for people other than my close family and friends to be able to hear it (and to enjoy it if it's their style of music!)
    The link to SoundClick is http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=585491.

The new CD is called Fractal Landscapes.

All comments welcome - positive OR negative (along with record deal offers... :rotfl: )

Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Terry.
    PS: If anyone IS interested in buying it then please let me know... I don't anticipate a flood of PMs because instrumental music doesn't seem to be so popular these days :rolleyes:

2. technoman28

technoman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Hi Terry,
    Had a quick listen, and commenting as a fan of Jean Michel Jarre, Rick Wakeman, ELP,etc (you get the picture).

Listned to most of your tracks, I have to admit that purely piano tracks are not my thing, and I feel that some of yours would appeal to me more with a few pads in the background, I think that would add a lot to them. Also, a lot of the tracks could use some reverb to add a bit of ambience to the feel. Out of all the tracks "Swallows in summer" stood out as a very well structured track, with the pads coming in nicely. "Tsunami" also very good with a very JMJ feel to it. "Strolling player" I am thinking that it is played on a keyboard, has the feel that every note is in the right place but without the subtle nuances of a real guitar. I think it would be a beautiful piece played on a real guitar.

All in all, a very immpressive collection. Anyone who likes ambient, electronic soundscapes in the Jarre/Wakeman vein with a classical bias should give it a listen. A definite thumbs up from me:thumbsup:

3. GingerTez

GingerTez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks technoman :D

I agonised for days over whether or not my guitar playing was up to the level where I could play "Strolling Player" but after lots of practice and a few aborted attempts at multi-tracking it I had to admit defeat. If I was a musician with a proper recording contract I'd have got a guest guitarist in to record it for me. But... that's not happened.... yet ;)

With the solo piano tracks - I am first and foremost a pianist and so I'm a bit biased when it comes to arranging my music. I've used alot more guitar in my new CD than I had in my last and I guess on the solo piano pieces I feel they should breathe and have space to be themselves.

My personal favourite is "Tsunami" so I'm glad you like it too. That's the track I've had most positive comments about.

Thanks very much for listening. I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Terry.
    PS: Thanks to all those that have listened but haven't posted - on Soundclick it's showing an increase in 'listens' since I posted this. So even if you have no opinion and don't want to post, thanks for taking the time to follow the link and have a listen. :smashin: