Purple Rhapsody (that's me!) New CD

GingerTez

Novice Member
Hi,

I have a new CD of instrumental music available... I'm not plugging it for people to buy it because you can listen to it all for free on SoundClick.com :thumbsup: and my main aim is just for people other than my close family and friends to be able to hear it (and to enjoy it if it's their style of music!)
The link to SoundClick is http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=585491.

The new CD is called Fractal Landscapes.

All comments welcome - positive OR negative (along with record deal offers... :rotfl: )

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Terry.
PS: If anyone IS interested in buying it then please let me know... I don't anticipate a flood of PMs because instrumental music is not so popular these days :rolleyes:

INSOMANiAC

Banned
I enjoyed some of it despite it being rather generic.

Fractal landscape part 2 - I have heard a tune exactly the same elsewhere

Snowflakes is probably the best but again, its like a hundred tunes Ive heard before.

Still, youve got more talent than me so what do I know ?

Everything.

Setenza

Novice Member
I rather enjoyed it actually ;) Particularly "Snowflakes".

Are you influenzed by "Tangerine Dream" & "James Newton Howard"?

GingerTez

Novice Member
@ Decadence - It's called Fractal Landscapes because I've always been intrigued by the fractal picture generation programs that you can get for the PC that allow you to zoom in infinitely into a landscape created by fractal mathematical equations (sounds a bit 'sad' when it's written down like that but the CD cover is an example of a fractal image - albeit with fake colouring). The fractal images were always on my mind while writing the CD and that's why it's called that!

@ Insomniac - If you could remember where you heard a tune "exactly like that before" then I'd be grateful. I don't want to be sued for unintentional plagiarism!

@ Xusia of Delos - Glad you enjoyed it. I'm not directly influenced by Tangerine Dream or James Newton Howard but my influences are from similar genres. I like Mike Oldfeld, Jean-Michel Jarre, Rick Wakeman, and.. erm... Muse and The Feeling!!!

Thanks to all that have listened to it so far. :D

Cheers,
Terry.

Setenza

Novice Member
I'm going to listen to the whole lot at my leisure this evening. I found it relaxing and enjoyable.

Well done, and good luck.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
I like it, the piano solos have the air of Michael Nyman about them. Have you considered soundtrack work for TV etc? I don't think some of these tracks would be out of place at all. Impressive!

GingerTez

Novice Member
I like it, the piano solos have the air of Michael Nyman about them. Have you considered soundtrack work for TV etc? I don't think some of these tracks would be out of place at all. Impressive!
Thank you! I've always appreciated Michael Nyman's work.

As far as soundtrack work goes... I'd love to work in TV and/or films but it is quite hard to get into that stream of work without already having a foot in the door. Any tips from the vast knowledge of AVForums would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Terry.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom